Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner March 2014

Nottingham hen do

FuturemrsR., 6 of February of 2014 at 11:16 Posted on Planning 0

Hi everyone,

i have my hen do in a few weeks and we are heading to nottingham for the weekend. None of us have been before, so I was wondering if anybody had any advise on the best places to go / places to avoid. There will be 12 of us altogether, ages ranging from 19-50! The majority of us though are late 20s/early 30s. Just after places we can have a few girly cocktails and a bit of a giggle!

Also, are there places with a specific dress code? We are thinking of just having sashes, so nothing wild! Are there any age restrictions we need to think about? I'm thinking over 21 bars for our 19 year olds??

And finally, could anybody recommend a good taxi company as we are staying out of the city centre?

thanks everyone Smiley smile

• L
    Beginner June 2014
    Lisalesley ·
    • Hide content

Hi Hun,

I live in Nottingham so happy to try and help out where I can.

All Bar One on Fletcher Gate is a nice place to start as is quite buzzy early on. Standard chain type bar, nice décor, good music, do cocktails and have a good selection of not too expensive wines.

Around the Corner (2 mins walk MAX) is....

Pitcher and Piano a fab place for all ages, its a converted Church so the atmosphere and surrounds are amazing (all the stained glass is still in place etc), it is best 8;30/9ish, plays great music that will appeal to everyone. Cocktails are good. This is on High Pavement, Nottingham.

Directly across the road from Pitcher and Piano is Living Room, now it might be worth giving them a call to see what the door policy is about hen party/sashes.....years ago when its previous owners wouldn't let in hen party looking groups of girls (but would let in groups of girls if you get my gist) however it has changed owners so you maybe ok.

Around the corner (carrying on up the road so walking away from where you started at All Bar One, turn left ....literally 2 minutes from Living room) is BZR now this will not really appeal to the older ladies, it is FUN don't get me wrong and drinks are standard trebles for singles...and cheap! There's a real party atmosphere (not surprisingly) and you'll probably find a few hen/stag party's amongst the younger generation crowd it attracts.

Oceana nightclub is about 5/10 minute walk from this area.

All of the above bars are in the Lace Market area of Nottingham City Centre, this is known as the "nicer" area to go out.

The other side of town, bit cheaper, bit more manic, bit more drunken ....do you know what I mean?!

If you want this head to the market square, there are all your typical places like Flares, Reflex (ooh that might have been closed down...maybe check this!), there's a pub called squares which is typical type town pub, Walkabouts bar is on Friar Lane and opposite there a place called The Approach, I know they have live music on a Friday so worth checking the website for a Saturday too.

Just up from the Market Square in The Cornerhouse, that hosts a number of restaurants and bars, slug and lettuce, revolution and a few others (not been up that way for ages so sorry I can't be more helpful).

Taxi wise Trent Cars are good, very reliable - ****

Message me if there is anything particular you want help with and i'll do my best.

Lisa

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics