Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Nutella
Beginner March 2013

Nov hen weekend abroad - suggestions please?

Nutella, 8 January, 2012 at 11:13 Posted on Planning 0 5

So in the absense of my bridesmaids being even vaguely helpful (whole other story..!) I'm starting to look at dates and options for my hen weekend, seeing as my friends are scattered all over the country I feel we need to get the date at least locked down so people can book it in now.

Again given that they are scattered all over, wherever we have the hen there will be a lot of people needing to travel and stay over somewhere so that combined with the fact that the stag do will be abroad, I'm looking at a weekend abroad. Am thinking that finding a holiday villa to rent could be cheaper than hotels and also give us more of a 'houseparty' feel to it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where would be a good location in mid Nov in terms of decent weather (doesn't have to be scorching but would rather it wasn't freezing cold or raining!), any recommendations on where to stay as well would be fab.

There will be about 20 invited but in reality I'm expecting/hoping for a good 10 of us at least to be actually going.

Thanks ladies! ?

5 replies

Latest activity by Nutella, 9 January, 2012 at 10:21
  • Katscamel
    Katscamel ·
    • Hide content

Not much help I'm afraid but if its the sun you're after then guess it'll be places like Spain, Sardinia, Portugal, Lanzarote and typical 'winter sun' destinations.

One thing to remember - November is quite close to xmas and people may be less inclined to spend loads on a weekend.

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

If you could do early November it might be easier with Christmas, also a better chance of goo weather.

I would try the canaries, as the flight isn't too long and the weather will be much better than the rest of Europe. I went to cyprus in November a few years ago and it was lovely, but it was expensive to get to and expensive whilst there.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Hmm November is a tricky one as most of the places that you're still guaranteed good weather are a four hour flight instead of two-ish. Which obviously means more pennies.

My OH had the same problem looking for his stag do at the end of Feb this year. In the end he's decided to do a city break abroad as it was working out too expensive. It's also the reason I've decided to get a big country house in Hereford for the weekend for mine.

I would suggest looking on skyscanner or some airline websites to get an idea of prices but you're looking at places like Tenerife, Canaries, Greek Islands, Cyprus.

HTH

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your suggestions ladies.

Regarding the date, I'm fairly restricted, I'm working on the Olympics all summer and then out of a job at start of Sept. Hopefully I'll get a new one to go straight into in which case I won't really be able to take too much time off straight away. Plus one of my best mates is getting married in Sept so I need to wait till she's back from honeymoon and her first work stint after (she works away). She's back 7th Nov hence looking at mid nov. Ruled out Dec due to xmas, Jan due to post xmas and Feb due to being so close to the wedding so really I'm left with just 2 weekends to choose from!!

Love the canaries (I'm going in 6 weeks actually) but I am concerned that its a long flight for just a weekend, might look into costs there though. Will explore the idea of a country house in the UK too now you mention it Kharv, if nothing else it will give me a comparison of price. My concern being in the middle of the country when the weathers rubbish theres limited amount to do... Haven't heard of skyscanner but will check that out too!

Thanks!!

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

Cheeky bounce for suggestions from weekday hitchers! ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics