Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Essexbride
Beginner November 2020 Essex

November 2020 wedding

Essexbride, 10 of August of 2020 at 18:39 Posted on Planning 1 3
Has anyone got their wedding booked for November this year? We’re due to be married 21 November but obviously extremely anxious about how it is going to go ahead. I wondered what people’s experiences with their venues had been over this period? Our venue are refusing to discuss our wedding until at least 2 months before. They are not willing to discuss scenarios, for instance we would be happy to just have the ceremony with 30 people, but we don’t know if the venue would accept this as they do respond to our emails and are not answering the phones as they are still closed. We are really struggling with the unknown, I’m sure there are a lot of brides that are feeling the same and it would be nice to have a bit of reassurance from our venue

3 replies

Latest activity by Essexbride, 21 of August of 2020 at 16:53
  • K
    Savvy December 2020 East Central London
    kentgirl2020 ·
    • Hide content

Hey - we postponed to 14th November from our June 13th this year. We've now postponed to March 2021 as our wedding is central london and doesn't seem likely that we will be allowed over 100 guests just yet. We're still getting legally married this year, but we will have our big wedding next year - the ceremony will be a vowel renewal Smiley smile

• B
    Beginner November 2020 Norfolk
    Brittany ·
    • Hide content
    Hi
    We are due to get married on 6th November 2020 and like you it has been difficult to get much out of our venue and we felt really in limbo! After pushing we are finally due to sit down with our coordinator on Saturday but they are hesitant as they want us to wait to see if the number of guests can increase but I think it is quite clear that large groups will not be possible for the foreseeable future. We have explained that the wedding is the most important part and are now planning our day with 26 of us and no evening party (we can always have a party at a later date).
    We hope to have the ceremony, canapé and cocktail reception, sit down meal and will play a few games (Mr & Mrs quiz) and possibly a socially distant Wii dance off on the big screen before everyone heads home early. It’s not the big day we originally planned but it’s already feeling more intimate and special and we are excited for our day. Our venue has said we can postpone within a 12 month period but unless there is another lock down or big second wave we want to go ahead to be Mr & Mrs. Maybe email your venue explaining that the uncertainty is causing undo distress and you would like some support and guidance on the best way forward. Remember you are paying them, not the other way around so as the customer they need to do what is best for you and provide clarification. I hope you get to start planning your day soon as November really isn’t far off now Smiley smile
  • Essexbride
    Beginner November 2020 Essex
    Essexbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It is coming round so fast isnt it! It sounds like you have got a lovely day planned. I like the idea of the quiz too! Like you we would be happy to go ahead with a smaller number and a simply ceremony and meal after but our venue are not willing to consider any options until middle of September. We have pushed and expressed how unhappy we are with the situation but all we get told is that they are working through the October weddings and will get to ours after. We have had no chance to go through scenarios or the sort of day we would potentially like, or if we would look at postponing, we simply have been told to wait our turn. I understand that the situation is every changing and they obviously would prefer to wait until nearer the time to finalise plans but to not even give us the opportunity to discuss options at this stage is causing us a great deal of stress and anxiety. I hope your wedding goes ahead as planned ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics