Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner November 2020

November 2020 Wedding!

November2020Wedding, 27 of May of 2020 at 06:23 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi everyone, I am new to all this. Thought I would try and express how I am feeling about getting married in November giving the current situation!

We got engaged in November last year and jumped straight in and said we wanted to get married pretty quick! The venue is booked for November 15th 2020. We are lucky I suppose as we are only having 18 guests. The issue that I am having personally is the fact I feel like we literally have nothing sorted and I don’t even know where to start. Before the pandemic I had been wedding dress shopping but I just could not find anything that I loved. Luckily shops will be opening soon so I can get back out there and find the perfect one! We know what we want in terms of suits so that should be easy! It’s the little things that tie the day together that I am worrying about.

As it’s getting closer I just feel like I’m gonna end up having really bad anxiety because it’s all gonna be a big rush ?

I just need some reassurance tbh, and maybe some guidance as to where to go from here...

6 replies

Latest activity by SunnyGoldHair95974, 29 of May of 2020 at 23:03
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

You should be fine - you might need to buy a sale gown (one you can take away from the store) or a rush order at this stage as dresses can take 6 months to arrive, plus fitting, but otherwise, you have loads of time. Or you can mail order one - my boutique told me I'd have to delay my wedding since they couldn't get the dress fitted in time, but we want to get married on our original date if weddings are allowed by then, so I ordered a replacement dress online which came in under a week!

My fiance and I got engaged in October and had most of our planning done by early January. Don't get too hung up on 'the little things that tie the day together' because actually, they don't! It's your loved ones coming to support you & your fiance as you commit to each other that really 'ties the day together'. So if some of the smaller details start causing you stress - just ditch them. To get married, you need two witnesses and a registrar/officiant. Everything else is optional. Nice, maybe, but still optional. So if something is causing you anxiety, it doesn't need to be 'invited' to your wedding!

• S
    Beginner
    SunnyGoldHair95974 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I know how you feel- I am supposed to be getting married November 16th this year and we got engaged end of october last year and didnt start the planning until january so hadnt done loads till then

To be honest I've been so up and down over the past few weeks but I had my halfway meeting with my venue yesterday and am feeling a lot more positive about it going ahead as planned now. I am in the same boat as you though where I feel everything is going to be stressful getting last bits planned before the wedding

I started looking for dresses the week before we locked down so havent got one either but I'm on the waiting list for one shop I've seen and have another one booked for the 15th. My plan is to get a ready to wear dress and get it adjusted as I worry I would be pushed for time for them to order one in and then get adjusted (I've got quite a big chest and when I looked for dresses cant get one that fits perfectly so will have to get a dress that will fit chest then get taken in on parts) bit to be honest I've seen some lovely ones on their websites in the ready to wear. Flower girl dress I'm imagining there will be a lot on sale when shops open due to cancelled weddings and I have the bridesmaids dresses. I also saw a lovely veil on ebay and lots of bridal combs on etsy but holding off until see the dress.

Cake is a work in progress at the minute we are having a cheese and a sweet cake- my samples for the cheese cake should arrive next week and talking to a Baker who knows my family about a sweet cake.

Other major thing that needs sorted is decorations. We are doing them ourselves and already had quite a bit wed just picked up bits over the past couple months but once shops open we are going to country baskets and to take another look at the range and see what else we need. Even if we dont get everything until July or august that still gives 3 or 4 months to make everything and in think everything comes together when needed.

Only thing I am worried about is giving notice. Our registrar had said to do it about 6 months before so I was going to call up in April and book appointment for April or may then all this happened so hoping registrars open soon so I can book appointment

I guess what I'm trying to say is dont worry too much, I was really upset and stressed a couple of weeks ago but now feel quite chilled. It's hard as it should be a really exciting time and a lot of the planning stage has been taken away but ultimately most important part is we get married and even if there are some little things that cant get done in the grand scheme are they important? I'm sure dress can get sorted I've heard lots of stories of brides even getting them with a week to spare (though I wouldnt suggest that lol) and we are all in this together! As I say my wedding is the day after yours so if yours cant go ahead mine cant either so you're not alone x

• L
    Beginner October 2021 Wiltshire
    Luxuriousorangeconfetti79769 ·
    • Hide content

If you got to Wed2b when they open again on the 15th you buy off the peg and all the dresses are under £800 ??

• HappyPinkHair15172
    Dedicated September 2022 Merseyside
    HappyPinkHair15172 ·
    • Hide content

First off, take a deep breath!

I used to be a Wedding and Events manager for the National Trust.

My top tip would be to write lists, lots of em! Maybe one of essential things, another of important things, one for nice to haves, and another of anything else. Now go back to the essentials, tick off what you've completed, and then take action on the rest. Once that's done, move to your important list, do the same there. Then see if you really need anything from the nice to haves.

Dresses, as others have said, Wed2b is a must. Got mine there, was £600, way cheaper than the bridal boutiques and the quality is fantastic. Also, have a look at stillwhite.co.uk. Ebay might also be worth a look, but beware of lots of knock off cheap Chinese copy dresses, you get what you pay for!

Hope this helps,

Ali xx

• N
    Beginner November 2020
    November2020Wedding ·
    • Hide content

Thank you so much, i feel a lot better! Yeah I went to Wed2B before lockdown and there was some lovely dresses so I’ll be going back there when I can!

I think I am just worrying to much about what others will think other than how amazingly special our day will be!

Thank you again, it’s really helped x

• N
    Beginner November 2020
    November2020Wedding ·
    • Hide content

Wow this is literally me!

We haven’t had a halfway meeting so maybe getting in contact with the venue will help and will give me reassurance that the wedding will still go ahead.

I was looking before lockdown for dresses, tried a lot on but just couldn’t find anything. Hoping I can book in an appointment for the next couple of weeks at Wed2B and I think once I have the dress I will feel a lot less stressed!

Decorations is a big thing to but I am thinking that I can find a design and do them myself! That way it’s my own little touch on the wedding ?

Again haven’t been in touch with the registrar but will do as soon as they open as we haven’t given our notice either!! - will feel like things will be coming together once this is done too!!

I really hope you get everything sorted and have the best day!! All we have to do is think positive and with the news today in England it’s looking likely everything will be a lot better in a couple of weeks.

Wish you the best of luck. Keep in touch if you can x

• S
    Beginner
    SunnyGoldHair95974 ·
    • Hide content

Oh definately! I would definately advise trying to have a conversation of sorts with your venue as though they cant promise anything they seemed very confident about it going ahead and I was suprised when they said their april may and June weddings had all postponed until the end of the year so it made me feel a bit less alone!

Honestly until a couple of weeks ago I was so put off trying to organise anything as I was so unsure about if it would be able to go ahead and didnt want to get my hopes up but now I am back in the swing of things! Things do definately seem to be opening up and barring anything dramatic opening the fact that furlough is due to end in October says to me that the government plan on everything being back to normal by then. My venue even said they were hoping to be doing show arounds next week.

Please try not to worry too much (as hard as it is!) And at least try remember you're not alone as it might help

Xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics