Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Savvy November 2021 Lancashire

November Honeymoon Destinations?

Jess, 17 of November of 2020 at 11:30 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 8
Hi everyone !
We are getting married in November 2021 but we’re unsure we to go on our honeymoon! We’d like to go somewhere we wouldn’t usually go abroad with nice Sandy beaches but unsure of where is nice that time of year?

8 replies

Latest activity by Robyn, 1 of January of 2021 at 21:42
  • T
    Dedicated September 2021 East Central London
    Theorganisedbride ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Jess,

We went to Sri Lanka a couple of years ago in November and it was lovely! Yes, there were a couple of downpours (think it’s maybe part of rainy season) but these didn’t last long at all, and it was warm. Also been to South Africa in November which is summer time there - absolutely loved it! If you’re after beaches specifically though, then maybe Zanzibar or Maldives or somewhere more traditionally honeymoony? We still haven’t decided on ours - wedding is (hopefully!!) May 2021 so depends what the world looks like then...! But if anyone *does* have any suggestions - fire away Smiley smile
  • E
    Beginner August 2021 British Columbia
    Eric ·
    • Hide content

Anywhere in the southern hemisphere, cause it'll be their late spring/early summer. Eg Australia, NZ, Bali etc etc

• J
    Berkshire
    Jon ·
    • Hide content

Hi Jess, all of the above suggestions are great ideas.

Sri Lanka - November is pretty much the rainiest time to go, but as 'TheOrganisedBride' said, you'll get VERY heavy rain from time to time. I went there in November 2015 and whilst it lacked blissful blue skies, it didn't detract from the beauty and cultural sightseeing. Might not be the best for a beach holiday, but The Maldives is only a 2.30 hour flight, so could do a week or so sightseeing and another week chilling in paradise.

South Africa - Great shout, if you'd like a combination of city, beach, beautiful landscapes, wildlife, food and GREAT wine... it really does have it all! The beaches aren't private though, so if it's that barefoot 'n' beach luxury you're after... it's perhaps not ideal.

Zanzibar - lovely white-sugar like sand and 5 star hotels. Whilst there are a few things to see and do, there's not tonnes and it's not really recommended to venture away from your hotels. I'd recommend Zanzibar as a twin centre with a safari on the mainland (Tanzania) and November is the right time for the Wildebeest migration in the Serengeti. Kilimanjaro and Arusha airports are both quite close and you can fly direct to Zanzibar from Arusha.

Eric is pretty well spot on as well... but a solid 3 weeks for either NZ or AU. I'm not going to go into detail as I'll be here ALL DAY!

The Indian Ocean is a solid bet for a luxury honeymoon with good beaches and good weather in November - Mauritius, Seychelles or The Maldives, but there are lots of options.

I've been a travel consultant for 14 years, offering advice and creating bespoke itineraries. If you'd like to get in touch, I'd be happy to help :-)

https://www.travelcounsellors.co.uk/jon.stubberfield

Cheers, Jon

• J
    Jess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Jon, they all sound great it’s just choosing the right one, we might go on a mini moon and go a month or so later depending on the best time for the weather of where we choose and it gives us more time to save ! Help would be great! Thank you Smiley smile
  • J
    Berkshire
    Jon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey Jess, blimey that was a quick reply haha.

In my opinion, the BEST time to travel is Jan-Apr (Feb ideal). It opens up so many destinations. Pretty much all of South East Asia, where you tend to get a bit more value for money (without compromising on quality). As well as The Caribbean and all of the above destinations are still perfect at this time (with a few exceptions given how big and versatile the climate is in Australia).

I wouldn't dissuade you from going in November at all, but if you're not desperate to have your honeymoon right after the wedding... Jan-Apr gets a big thumbs up from me.

• J
    Jess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha I just happened to check my emails at the right time! That’s exactly what we are thinking , being flexible gives us more options ! I’ll drop you an email if you don’t mind , I must of looked at 100s of resorts and just don’t know how to choose !
  • Tengethitched2021
    Beginner November 2021 Derbyshire
    Tengethitched2021 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Jess, I can definitely recommend Hawaii Smiley love - it's a little more rainy that time of year but still warm and sunny! We went to Oahu for 2 weeks late September/October and it was amazing. Lots to do and plenty of fantastic beaches. The flights weren't luxury but surprisingly affordable for the destination! In 2019, it was ~£600 return including luggage with West Jet from Gatwick to Honolulu with a layover in Vancouver. We're debating going back again for our honeymoon...

• Robyn
    Beginner September 2022 Essex
    Robyn ·
    • Hide content
    We went on a Caribbean cruise a couple of years ago in mid November and had gorgeous weather. Antigua and Barbados were particularly stunning!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics