Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Laura
Curious November 2023 Warwickshire

November Wedding.

Laura, 23 of July of 2023 at 18:54 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 1 6
We’re getting married in November of this year. Appreciate it may me cold, wet etc so I’m after some advice and/or suggestions about anything we may need for our guests. Many thanks x

6 replies

Latest activity by Sarah, 27 of July of 2023 at 22:15
  • H
    Expert November 2022 Lincolnshire
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content

We got married in November and I knew we wanted to take photographs with our guests outside so I warned them to have coats ready if they wanted. Most of our guests were staying at the venue with us so I didn't want them to be unprepared when they left their bedrooms and think they would be staying inside for the whole day. We agreed 2 schedules with our venue for whether it was raining because that would have affected whether we would have photographs and then drinks after the ceremony or start drinks and hope photographs could be done later. We also did photographs that included my grandparents first so they could go back inside and keep warm.

For me and OH; I bought a big white umbrella so we could still have photos if it was raining, and we scheduled our couple photos for before the ceremony so we had the better daylight as sunset was only an hour after our ceremony.

• PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Warning your guests that you will be wanting some photos of them outside is a good tip so that they are prepaid but November should not be that cold. If its really cold I shoot informal drinks inside then all jump outside for quick pre planned groups and as they are done they go back inside, by this time the couple are getting cold so we go back in for a while then back out with just the couple after a warm.

In the very depths of winter sometimes you are better off to do the groups inside but that time of year it gets dark early I go straight out with the couple for a few shots outside first then head back in for the groups when its getting dark outside. But a lot depends on the weather because if its a clear day you have a lot more light to play with.

I have a gallery of bad weather and winter weddings on my website you can view it here I would advise anyone with a winter wedding looking for a photographer to almost ignore all of their "hero shots" but ask to see weddings taken at the same time of year as yours before you book them.

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s some really useful advice. Thabkyou x
  • Laura
    Laura ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thabkyou so much. Definitely something I’m going to discuss with my FH, Venue and Photographer
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Unless your wedding is outside/partly outside, or there is a very muddy approach to it, then I don't think you need to prepare anything particular for your guests. Most people will have enough common sense to dress appropriately for the time of year.

If you are planning to be outside for a long time, e.g. for photos, then it would be worth mentioning this to your guests, so that they can select appropriate coats and footwear.

• Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 Warwickshire
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    Brollies. Flip flops to change into for dancing if their shoes / heels / floors may get wet. Blankets (for if there’s outside seating covered but is chilly). Maybe wellies for you and your partner if you want some field like photos!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics