Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner May 2013

November wedding???

chevo82, 7 March, 2012 at 22:01 Posted on Planning 0 10

I had decided on a spring/summer wedding in May 2013. I have a scrapbook with all my ideas and thought i had it pretty much sorted. We have a venue in mind that is currently holding our date for us. However, the venue were slow in replying to my messages/emails and at the last minute i had another look on the internet for possible venues. I looked at a venue that i previously thought would be out of my price range - for the summer months it is - however november is available at a cheaper rate. We are looking at the venue on Sunday and we will decide then.

However, November doesn't really compare to spring/summer months. How many of you would choose November if it meant you could have a spectacular venue? And i cant wait til 2014 as we don't know whether my mum will still be with us then?

Any opinions are very much welcome!

xx

10 replies

Latest activity by chevo82, 8 March, 2012 at 11:49
  • *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

I think some venues are better suited to winter weddings then others i.e. those with less outside space or that feel more intimate warm and cozy with the option of open fires etc.

We saw some great venues that we loved but we felt they would be better suited to a winter wedding and as we were planning a summer one we dismissed them.

If I were considering a winter wedding then I would assume the weather was going to be bad and freezing cold therefore I would consider if the venue have nice photo opportunities indoors if the weather is to bad for out side (assuming you are having a TOG).

Also if the reason you love a venue is because of the nice gardens/grounds etc obviously bare in mind it will look different in the winter if your viewing in spring/summer.

The seasons also effect menu choices in most venues so if you may have to swap an idea of a light tea with cucumber sandwich, cake and pimms for a warm hearty soup, roast and mulled wine. (can effect cost per person)

• AmiRobertson
    AmiRobertson ·
    • Hide content

Hello! I have done a couple of winter weddings this winter just gone and I have to say they are some of the favourite I have photographed and everyone had a wonderful time. I think winter weddings mean rich colours and getting more creative which in effect can make it more personal.

If you look on my blog at Jon and Shireen's wedding which was november last year and then Louisa and Steven who was January this year both weddings were lovely, yes it wasn't the warmest but that didn't stop them being brilliant!

• Tallulaha
    Beginner November 2012
    Tallulaha ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married in November, firstly because it's cheaper but also because autumn is a beautiful season and recent years have actually been dryer than the summer months weather wise! I say do it!

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

I got married novemeber- and apart from a quick shower before going into church thats all the crappy weather we got and it was a lovely day.. ive always wanted a 'winter wedding' when it got dark early so i could go nuts with candles ?

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

I got married novemeber- and apart from a quick shower before going into church thats all the crappy weather we got and it was a lovely day.. ive always wanted a 'winter wedding' when it got dark early so i could go nuts with candles ?

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

Often the weather is really good in the early winter months. Just have the ceremony at a decent time (2pm or earlier due to the lack of light).

November Wedding Photography

December Wedding Photography

January Wedding Photography

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

I think it would be lovely, you could have a spring summer wedding and it could be dreadful weather, so I wouldn't necessarily base it on the weather, more on if you like the venue and can afford it. If it is cheaper it may allow you to spend more on other things. Also if your mum is not well i would say the sooner the better. Good luck on Sunday

• A
    Beginner November 2012
    AJ86 ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married in November because it's our anniversary month, the weather never came into the equation as its always unreliable.

• greenleaf
    greenleaf ·
    • Hide content

As long as your venue has indoor space for group shots and general shots around the building. Just dont set your mind on what the weather is going to be like, If its going to rain then you can use that to get some custom wellies and brollies.

I have shot weddings where its been blue skies at -3, last winter the temp was around 10 degrees, and 2010 when we had the heavy snow each of which was unique and flawless in the couples own way.

(if the suns out) the colours can be a bit richer in photographs and the photographer is forced to be a bit more creative which can make for some really nice pics.

• S
    SarahThompson ·
    • Hide content

I think winter weddings can work really well. You can have all the darker richer autumnal colours for both the decorations and flowers. So long as the venue would "work" in the winter I don't think it actually matters

Good luck on sunday and do let us know what you thought of the venue!

• C
    Beginner May 2013
    chevo82 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for all your kind support and encouragement! I will let you know on Sunday!

xxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics