Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Little Madam
Beginner

N&P for Made by Lawrie and also my shoes... *Flash*

Little Madam, 11 September, 2010 at 13:12 Posted on Planning 0 9

I finally managed to get back to my moms to pick up my packages..

I have a beautifully made garter persaonlised with our wedding date: (made my laurie) - it's perfect and I love it!

And my shoes also arrived. They are pure white to match my dress, but the shine on the artifical light has made them look champagne. I do love them, although they are a big tight at the moment. Just deciding whether to go with the red nail polish or to have a french manicure on my nails now! Any opinions?

9 replies

Latest activity by Little Madam, 12 September, 2010 at 09:50
  • babybirdandmouse
    Dedicated August 2020
    babybirdandmouse ·
    • Hide content

Love them both! Smiley smile

I always have a french finish on my toe nails because I think it looks nice and smart! However, the burst of colour with the white shoes also looks good. Sorry, I've not been much help really, have I?! LOL.

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

Thanks - I am very happy with them too.

Seem to be on a bit of a good run today as I just bought 5 bracelets for my bridesmaids too - a good day!

I am concerned over the colour of the polishh as I always have red - it's OHs fave and i've not had any other color on since being a teenager.. but it means If i want them to be french polished (which is what i'm having on my fingers) then i need to give them 6 months to re-grow to get rid of the red-ish tint on them.. dilema's dilema's! haha

• GemmaLouise1986
    Beginner
    GemmaLouise1986 ·
    • Hide content

Why don't you opt for calgel/bio scuplture rather than polish?

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

Gemma Louise - do you mean on my fingers or toes? (I'm a bit slow today)

I did used to have them on my fingers every other week. But the problem was, once I had them I had to keep having them as it ruined my nails. Eventually I ditched the addiction (haha) and grew my nails and now they are beautiful and long.

My toes are also really teeny - so don't think an actual french polish i possible, my nails are about the size of the average white bit! lol I am a nightmare!

• woo-woo
    Beginner
    woo-woo ·
    • Hide content

Your shoes are lovely, wish I could wear shoes as high!

• C
    Beginner July 2011
    cassmk2 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ditto that! The only downside to being so tall is there are so many lovely shoes i don't wear as i don't want to be any taller than i am.

Love the garter! I've got a fuschia pink one to wear to match my colour scheme but am now not sure about my something blue.

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks - they look high cos my feet are small, but the heel is actually only 3.5inches - I wanted a lot more but the sensible person in me prevailed.

I was `100% sure on my shoes until I saw this weeks don't tell the bride and saw these heart shaped peep-toes **totally out of my price range**:

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I actually now have 2 something blue - as I already had the "I Do" stickers for the bottom of my shoes - they are a nice idea?

• Daisy82
    Beginner
    Daisy82 ·
    • Hide content

Could you go for a pale pink for your toes as then bit of a change from red and not quite the french polish but could like quite similar???

Love the shoes. They are fab x

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

Thanks, I am getting used to them a little now.

I could do that Vickstix - just so that it would be a little more subtle that the bright red colours?

The only thing which concerned me was, our colour scheme is red and there will be a lot of red - now I know it's an age-old thing that red and pink don't go.. So that has got me a bit worried - not just about nails as they are less obvious but about the colours in general.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics