Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner November 2023 Northamptonshire

Numbers

Francesca, 21 of February of 2023 at 21:26 Posted on Planning 0 6
Is 78 guests too little numbers for a band?
I’m feeling a lot of anxiety planning my wedding.
Feel so hard to commit to things as I’m so worried and scared. anyone else had this.. my wedding is in November and I’m so anxious and scared. I have a lot of health concerns going on with my family so that also plays into a lot.
Anyone normalise numbers of weddings and what entertainment you have.

6 replies

Latest activity by Francesca, 22 of February of 2023 at 19:33
  • S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    Some people have bands for a small back garden gathering. We have 108 guests on our list and we know around 10/15% won’t come. We have a band and lots of entertainment, if they don’t come Atleast me and my fiancé can enjoy it. You are the same as me. I’ve wanted to marry my fiancé for a long time and when it happened I was so so over the moon. We had finished our beautiful home, got our promotions etc and when we booked the first major thing I threw up. Again when we booked another major thing I threw up. It’s all excitement and nerves. If you think you’re going to be like this the whole run up to your wedding or on the day. Go see your doctor and they’ll help you. I also find that hypnosis (YouTube) works. It helped me with my anxiety when I fly.
  • F
    Francesca ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks shay. soo a band should be okay for that amount of people. I’ll defo get myself sorted. Completely underestimated the anxiety going into a wedding.
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

I think it is fine, in honesty it is your day and if you want a band go for it, there is no right or wrong. It is scary, but exciting, it is a huge decision every time you book something but go with your gut, if you are both comfortable with your decisions that is all that matters. Please try and relax, it is your day so you do what you want and ignore anyone's comments/opinions. We had a lot of comments about some of our non traditional elements, colour scheme etc. but at the end of the day our Wedding was prefect for us and that is all that matters. Try the Calm app, may help with your anxieties or failing that visit the doctor but I would try and steer clear of medicating for a short term problem, but if you have a lot of other things going on then maybe you do need some medical support for a while, there is no shame in it, you have to look after yourself X

• S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    100%! Enjoy it. But you’re aloud a stressful day. If you need it off your chest Im here for a chat! x
  • M
    Beginner August 2023 Essex
    Madeleine ·
    • Hide content
    We’ve only got 28 people coming to our wedding and we’re having a band! They will be providing music for the ceremony then the reception then the evening party. Music provides great atmosphere. I therefore think 78 is definitely not too small a number for one!
  • F
    Francesca ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thankyou so much madeleine.
    That’s soo lovely your having an intermittent wedding.
    I do think there a pressure to have big weddings. I don’t want to just fill numbers.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics