Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Dedicated September 2023 Derbyshire

Numbers numbers

Lizzie, 9 of May of 2022 at 21:20 Posted on Planning 0 2
I could ask the venue, but I just want some advice and possibly reassurance first...

We've signed the contract for the venue, but we were using estimated numbers and the numbers we are now looking at are quite a bit lower. We've got plenty of names on the list, but I know quite a few won't make it. My question is: is this going to affect things? Obviously we will confirm exact numbers a month or so beforehand, but if they are drastically lower than what we said (guessed) will the venue have an issue? There is a clause in the contract about 20% +/- numbers but I'm not sure when that kicks in...

2 replies

Latest activity by Anonbride, 10 of May of 2022 at 11:18
  • S
    Savvy June 2022 Greater Manchester
    snowshine123 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I would just get in touch with the venue and ask what happens if you are unable to meet the minimum numbers that you are contracted for. I would have thought they it was in the contract or verbally explained by the venue. I deliberately gave lower numbers for the contract and then we would pay any extra on top when our final payment was due. This was also because I wasn't sure what Covid would be like at the time. This was agreed with my venue. They were also good enough to move our final payment date, so that it ties in with our final detail appointment with our confirmed numbers.

It may be that you would have to pay for the numbers that are in your contract to cover their costs, but just have a chat with the venue and see what they say. Good luck!

• A
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

To add to the comment above, you also might be able to negotiate with them that instead of wasted plates of food the cost that would have gone towards them could go behind the bar or something? That way the venue still gets the money they were expecting from you but you get to put it towards something you'll actually use.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics