Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kayleigh
Rockstar October 2023 Bristol

October 2023 Brides

Kayleigh, 19 of June of 2022 at 16:37 Posted on Off Topic Posts 3 22
I'm not sure if there's already threads for this kind of thing but I thought it would be nice for those of us getting married in the same month to chat šŸ„°

22 replies

Latest activity by Kayleigh, 6 of March of 2023 at 09:45
  • Kayleigh
    Kayleigh Ā·
    • Hide content
    My date is 21st October 2023. I chose it mainly because I prefer the autumn weather, it's a Saturday and right before half term so we could have our honeymoon straight away šŸ„°
  • C
    Curious October 2023 Bristol
    Clare Ā·
    • Hide content
    Hey Kayleigh, I'm ATM looking at venues but hoping to book Oct 23 as well. Ditto re the weather, I don't do well in the heat.

I see you're Bristol based, so am I ATM but will be moving just across the bridge into Wales soon.
    Which venue are you getting married at if you don't mind me asking?
  • Kayleigh
    Kayleigh Ā·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey! We're marrying at the Aztec West Hotel and Spa in Almondsbury, it's a lovely hotel xx
  • Mrslines0510
    Beginner October 2023 West Sussex
    Mrslines0510 Ā·
    • Hide content
    Hey! This is the first Iā€™ve seen October 2023 mentioned and Iā€™m getting married then as well ā˜ŗļø
    My date is the 5th which is a Thursday, mainly chosen because of cost but I also liked the idea of a long weekend after and Iā€™m hoping that the weather will be decent as itā€™s only the beginning of October. I really hope itā€™s not too cold and raining but equally I couldnā€™t cope if it was too hot, so Octoberā€™s perfect for that šŸ˜€
  • Kayleigh
    Kayleigh Ā·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Welcome šŸ„°

I know what you mean, not too hot or too cold! Xx
  • Mrslines0510
    Beginner October 2023 West Sussex
    Mrslines0510 Ā·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! šŸ’• It was also important to me that the leaves will still be on the trees and they are at that time haha xx
  • Elizabeth
    Dedicated October 2023 Cumbria
    Elizabeth Ā·
    • Hide content
    Iā€™m getting married 30/10/23! Weā€™ve booked it cos itā€™s our anniversary and autumn is my fave season. Weā€™re from NE England but getting married in the Lakes.

What colour schemes and styles are you going for for your autumn wedding?
  • Kayleigh
    Kayleigh Ā·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Welcome! We're having black and red throughout šŸ„° how about you? X
  • Elizabeth
    Elizabeth Ā·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Weā€™re going burnt orange but Iā€™m having a job finding a bridesmaid dress in the exact colour I want! Iā€™m absolutely loving the wedding planning stage though. I hope you all are!
  • Ostira
    Dedicated October 2023 Durham
    Ostira Ā·
    • Hide content
    Hi! This is the first Iā€™ve seen Oct 2023 weddings mentioned but Iā€™m getting married on the 31st October 2023 at Gretna Green! Weā€™re having neutral and burnt orange/autumnal colours!
  • Rebecca
    Beginner August 2023 West Yorkshire
    Rebecca Ā·
    • Hide content
    Aw I'm the 8th October 2023! Close to our anniversary date and it's a Sunday so it's cheaper šŸ¤£
  • Kayleigh
    Kayleigh Ā·
    • Hide content
    How are you all coming along with your plans? Xx
  • C
    Clare Ā·
    • Hide content
    Hey fellow October lovelies. I've finally booked mine for the 14th so exciting.

Has anyone thought about when to send the save the date cards. I was thinking sometime in August but is that too soon?

• C
    Clare Ā·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Other than finally booking (after looking at 5 venues šŸ˜‚) not much else. Doing a lot of research / looking into suppliers etc. How are you getting on?
  • Elizabeth
    Elizabeth Ā·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Weā€™re sending ours August but our venue is a 2.5hr drive and stay over job so we wanted to give people a bit more time to save/prepare/plan childcare
  • Kayleigh
    Kayleigh Ā·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm not doing save the dates anymore, however the intention for me was to send them a year out. But whatever you feel happy doin glovrly, it's your wedding! X
  • Ellen91
    Dedicated October 2023 West London
    Ellen91 Ā·
    • Hide content
    Hi all! I am also an October 2023 bride, we are getting married on 07 October 2023. We went for this date as I hate hot weather and found it would be cooler and cheaper!

I can see others have discussed colour schemes and where they are currently at. So a bit about ours, we are having teal as our bridesmaid colour and have booked the venue, DJ, sorted food and drink, decorators, photo booth, registrar, photographer, cake, make up and hair artists. We have also just had our invites arrived, so we are putting those together. Our venue is an hour from where we live so wanted to give people a good head start to book the venue. The main things left to sort are florist, outfits and wedding rings. Hope you are all having a good time planning your weddings! X
  • Kayleigh
    Kayleigh Ā·
    • Hide content
    We're 7 months away guys... SEVEN MONTHS! šŸ˜šŸ˜ How's it all going for you? Xx
  • Ellen91
    Dedicated October 2023 West London
    Ellen91 Ā·
    • Hide content
    It really is only 7 months! Sounds scary now! Thankfully we have done most of the planning and also have all our day RSVPā€™s back. So thatā€™s now too bad!

How about you? X
  • M
    Dedicated October 2023 Greater Manchester
    MrsM2B Ā·
    • Hide content
    Weā€™re getting married on 14th October. We chose the date as itā€™s our anniversary and our colour scheme is navy with a bit of powder blue (my FH said he wanted to wear a powder blue cravat before we decided anything else šŸ˜‚). Weā€™re mostly done, a few things to finalise nearer the time but nothing major. x
  • A
    Dedicated October 2023 Surrey
    AmesLou Ā·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I had a dress fitting today! I was super excited to get to wear it again! Most things are sorted now, with details just needing finalising nearer the time, but we're currently having lots of issues with our invitations (which should've gone out by now due to lots of guests being abroad). Translating some of the invites into Polish somewhat complicates things. The order of service will be even trickier to sort out Smiley laugh

The theme has really come together. It's traditional 1930s society wedding/old Hollywood glamour/gothic sophistication and it seems to all be working really well!

• Kayleigh
    Kayleigh Ā·
    • Hide content
    It's so exciting to hear that everyone's plans are coming along! We don't have much left to do really, I'm finishing centrepieces today and then it's just sweets to buy, kids bags to make up and suits for my boys! šŸ˜

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics