Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Curious October 2021 Essex

October brides - worried?

Frances, 12 of July of 2021 at 21:09 Posted on Planning 0 12
Hi girls!

Just wondered if you’re anxious about restrictions lifting in the summer then a potential lockdown in October? It’s making me go a bit wobbly I’m definitely driving the groom mad! 😂

12 replies

Latest activity by Frances, 17 of July of 2021 at 19:47
  • Voiceoftruth
    Dedicated October 2021 Oxfordshire
    Voiceoftruth ·
    • Hide content

I’m trying to remain optimistic about it. By then, in theory, all adults will be double vaccinated and thy may be offering boosters to people, a bit like the flu jabs. With any luck, this will mean we can go ahead as normal (or close to normal!)

• B
    Savvy October 2021 Oxfordshire
    Bella ·
    • Hide content
    Yes! Mid October date & really starting to get panicky about it all, or people not coming because of high numbers even if we’re not in lockdown.
  • F
    Frances ·
    • Hide content
    Ok glad it’s not just me I’m towards end of October!! I suppose if it’s not lockdown at least they’ll be a couple of people there! 🤞🏻 Regretting the wedding being in 2021 now but we just wanted to get on with life!
  • Marie
    Savvy October 2021 Nottinghamshire
    Marie ·
    • Hide content
    We are end of October, I’m not so worried about the ceremony as we can only have 6 people which is what we chose anyway. We are having a party a couple of days later and I’m anxious about that not happening. I’m not planning too much and even decided to go off the shelf for cake just incase.
  • Voiceoftruth
    Dedicated October 2021 Oxfordshire
    Voiceoftruth ·
    • Hide content

We are the last week of October. If all hell breaks loose... we will get married anyway and see what happens about the reception. My parents say we could delay the reception for a bit, but honestly, I’ll be glad just to be married. Haven’t got the energy to stress and worry too much! We weren’t going’s to have anything particular entertainment-wise after dinner anyway, which gives me one less thing to worry about cancelling/postponing. If we were having a huge party with lots of people booked, I think I’d be a lot more worried...

• F
    Frances ·
    • Hide content
    The venue can refund us to suit government numbers & the band we have booked are able to refund or downsize too. So things are flexible. We’ve made a
    Website incase we need to update guests - sending invites at the moment & most people are saying yes! Which is optimistic but I agree yes I’ll be relieved to be married too. Whatever happens it’s definitely going ahead - agreed! 😅
  • G
    Beginner October 2020
    GorseandHeather ·
    • Hide content

So worried I'm thinking about moving my wedding to august! It isn't the threat of lockdown, I think that is unlikely, I am more worried I will miss out on the opportunity to not have any masks at my wedding! Obviously if people really really want to wear them they can but I won't be enforcing it as they give me huge anxiety and make me think of scary medical procedures and horror movies.

• R
    Beginner September 2021 South East London
    Rosie ·
    • Hide content

I'm mid September and also starting to feel worried about this! We'll most likely get married whatever and move the reception if we need to. Even if restrictions don't get put back in place, I'm starting to worry people won't feel comfortable coming to a big-ish wedding (80 in the day, 150 in the evening) if the case rates are very high!

• Jackie Tello
    Beginner October 2021 Hertfordshire
    Jackie Tello ·
    • Hide content

Hi Lovelies,

Our wedding is on the 24th October, We postponed last year and do not want to postpone again. All day invites have been posted and I am planning as normal. If restrictions are put back in place we will go ahead if allowed and save a fortune Smiley smile Trying to stay positive at the moment . Keep safe everyone x

• Ali
    Beginner April 2022 Hampshire
    Ali ·
    • Hide content
    Have I missed something? I haven’t heard about a potential lockdown in October. Surely they can’t stop weddings again! I think we will be ok 🤞🏼
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

The wedding industry has been decimated, people having to move weddings 2-3 times. 15 people - including people working - then not including them. Then 30 people then unlimited but - still limited by capacity its no wonder people have lost faith in being able to have a "normal wedding, people are still reluctant to even get married at the moment, I see no emergence of a "boom year" in 2022.

Its interesting - we that this thread of people who are worried about not being able to have the wedding they envisaged and also a thread of people who are able to have the wedding that they envisaged but are worried about having an unlocked wedding.

Sums up the state of weddings at the moment - FUBAR

• F
    Frances ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think if there was testing before the wedding at the venue or in the morning - so a negative test would mean no entry to the wedding things could start to improve (similar to football!) but until this happens I can foresee issues in October. Getting my 2nd vaccine tomorrow & grooms got both now so every little helps! 😥

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics