Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner October 2011

October wedding colours

narie, 22 of August of 2010 at 22:47 Posted on Planning 0 15

Can anyone suggest some wedding colours for my october wedding next year. Was thinking plumy purple colours with olive green and splashes of orange... but think might class a bit. Any suggestions - pics would be handy too Smiley smile

15 replies

Latest activity by narie, 23 of August of 2010 at 22:12
  • Shnarfy1
    Beginner November 2010
    Shnarfy1 ·
    • Hide content

Those colours sound really nice. You could include pumpkins as decorations with little candles inside, use greenery or fallen leaves!! Autumn is my favourite time of year Smiley smile

• N
    Beginner October 2011
    narie ·
    • Hide content

I thought about pumpkin centre peieces - a little different. Like the idea of orange colours popping up through the purples and ivory maybe.

• Shnarfy1
    Beginner November 2010
    Shnarfy1 ·
    • Hide content

Here's a few pics to give you a little inspiration

• froggy29400
    Beginner October 2010
    froggy29400 ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married on October 23rd and we chose orange as our main colour, with a splashes of brown and gold. Our main flowers will be orange gerberas/germinis, we are going to have autumn squash as centerpieces and basically a very orange affair!

Here's a taster...

maids' dresses:

and some decorations/flowers:

• Shnarfy1
    Beginner November 2010
    Shnarfy1 ·
    • Hide content

Oh Froggy, the bouquet is beautiful. Your wedding is going to be so vibrant!

• N
    Beginner October 2011
    narie ·
    • Hide content

Froggy - I too also love the flowers they are gorgeous - so are the button holes. What other colours are you having with the orange?

• N
    Beginner October 2011
    narie ·
    • Hide content

Sorry have just re read your post! Think it must be time for bed!! he he

• froggy29400
    Beginner October 2010
    froggy29400 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies! ? To tone down the orange we'll have a bit of brown and gold in the reception room. In my bouquet I'll have some orange calla lillies like on the photo but also probably a few green buttons (very sparce), some orange germinis (like in the buttonholes) and some brown "balls" which I can't remember the name of! I've also asked to have some crystals coming out of the germinis. Probably some orange ribbons around it, but not decided yet!

H2B doesn't have a suit yet, but we're thinking black suit, ivory/gold waistcoat and burnt orange cravat.

• froggy29400
    Beginner October 2010
    froggy29400 ·
    • Hide content

This is the kind of squash my grandad is growing in his garden to use as centerpieces, bless him! He said he's also put some "funky sweetcorn" might be yellow, red or else!

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Orange, Reds & Burgundy ,Gold would be the natural Autumnal colours to use. I always think of lots of candles & berries, pumpkins etc. Orange & Black is also a good choice. Here are some ideas from my albums:

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh I LOVE fruit and veg centrepieces especially for Autumn weddings! Gorgeous!

• Welshthistle
    Welshthistle ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married at the start of October, and my colour scheme is green and ivory, with flashes of orange. So the BMs are in green, buttonholes are thistles with green ribbon, BM corsages are green ribbon with ivory roses, order of service, table plan, table number,menus etc green and ivory - but my bouquet will have orange germinis, ivory roses and greenery, there'll be orange germinis decorating the cake and orange gerberas as centrpieces. I think orange is really autumnal and want to have some bold colour popping up now and again! MIL2B seems positively anxious that I've gone for orange ("oh no, not orange!"), no idea why!

• N
    Beginner October 2011
    narie ·
    • Hide content

Your colours sound very nice welshthistle - have you any pics of the bridesmaid dresses? Germinis are lovely flowers a few orange ones popping up no and again will look very nice.

Still undecided on my main colour - not sure whether to go with a purple or plum, with ivory and then aspects of olive green and orange popping up. Need to decide as want to make some save the date cards.

• C
    Beginner October 2010
    Charley78 ·
    • Hide content

Hi We're getting married on 30th October and have gone for Copper, green and cream. My centrepieces are candelabras with copper sprayed twigs which have little white freesias tied on to them with copper wire, our bouquets are mixed freesias, roses, twigs and berries and the button holes match. BMs are in green with the groomsmen matching them in cravats and waistcoats and h2b has copper.

I think almost anything goes for an autumn wedding, some lovely ideas already posted but the best thing i did was put a mood board together to see what the common themes were that I was drawn to.

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

your colour ideas sound perfect for the time of year!! Im an october brida as well!! Im going down the plumey kinda thing!!

• N
    Beginner October 2011
    narie ·
    • Hide content

I think i am going to stick with those - not worry to much about keeping the same colour purples - and add the green and odd bits of orange. Might let my bridesmaids choose their dress in one of the colours instead of having all three in the same...

am getting so excited! went and booked our wedding reception venue tonight - a lovely community hall - its a 'blank canvas' can't wait to get my mates together to help me transform it.. my OH will be so shocked!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics