Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

loobieloo82
Beginner October 2012

October Wedding in Cyprus

loobieloo82, 20 May, 2011 at 09:28 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 8

Hi guys,

My hubby to be and I are planning to get married next year, we chose Cyprus for the wedding to be held. A few reasons for this, lovely place, not too far to travel, not too many restrictions on time in the country etc etc.

Anyway, my mum and a few other guests work in education so our day has to be planned around the school term time table. We were advised initially that getting married in July / August would be far too hot, May / June was too soon for people to save and commit to so the autumn break was agreed upon. We've just been given the new dates for this half term next year and it's Mon 22nd - Friday 26th. This is the last week, seems it's a late one.

I'm now worried about the weather this time of year, has anyone ever been? Is it worth risking a few cloudy days or just bit the bullet and get married in the August?!

While we are on the subject, has anyone got married in Paphos and have any tips for me? We've chosen 3 possible hotels, just waiting costs to come out.

thanks

Lou x

8 replies

Latest activity by Dinka, 4 July, 2011 at 15:41
  • Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

Hi Lou

I've been a coupel of times, once in August and the other time the first week in November. In August it really is incredibly hot, I had a plastic hand fan that melted in the car it was that hot!!!! You would need to be careful about choosing a lightweight dress, and probably not suits for your OH, maybe just trousers and shirt!

We flew there on the last day of October the second time, the weather was a bit hit and miss tbh. It rained 2 out of 7 days, which is not much in comparison to here- however if you fly to Cyprus I assume you really want sunshine for your wedding day.

Is the first week of June out of the question with the people that you really want there?

xx

• C
    Beginner September 2012
    cazzie87 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Lou,

I have booked my wedding in Cyprus, paphos next September. I have been told the weather is way too hot in July/Aug but starts to cool down Sept/Oct, so i'm sure you will not get rain. Can I suggest you look at www.exclusiveyachtweddings for a venue, they have very reasonable prices and are fab wedding planners!! Ihave booked my wedding on one of their yachts and they are much cheaper than the hotels, plus you get ceremony and reception all rolled into one, saving you money and saves transport for you and your guests. Hopethis helps

Caz

• B
    Beginner June 2012
    Bride2012 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

We went to Cyprus (Nissi Beach) in October last year and flew out on 13th October for 2 weeks. We did not see any rain in the whole 2 week period - the first week was really hot and the second week was still warm around 25 degree celsius - it was beach weather for our whole holiday and we didn't see any bad weather at all.

The one thing I will say is that Cyprus is quite expensive for eating out etc so make sure you take plenty of spending money or go half board at your hotel.

Where we stayed was starting to close down as its the end of the main tourist season so was a lot quieter the second week, but I think Paphos is open year round.

Hope this helps!

Michelle

• P
    PaphosK ·
    • Hide content

Hello!

You may have heard that we have had a particularly poor start to the season here in Paphos with unexpected cloudy skies and rain. Many of us now expect August to be very hot and humid - quite unpleasant for some! The weather in October is usually quite lovely and with the late start to the summer suns I expect the October weather to improve. We've found the weather to be nice right up until the middle of January with just the evenings being cooler and requiring a wrap or cardigan. Last year I did a wedding on 29th December and the weather was perfect - plenty of sun in the day and lovely sunset shots.

I get involved in lots of weddings here in Paphos and added to that my daughter gets married out here in September so please do ask for any help you need.

Best wishes

Jackie

• AndrewCheal
    AndrewCheal ·
    • Hide content

Hi Lou

October is when Cyprus starts to cool down so if the school holidays start mid-late October it could be hit and miss. There have been years when October has been barren, and others, just two years ago, when it was under deluge! Last year was good, little rain, and hopefully same again too. Summer has been late this year, it was raining just last week!

Hope your plans go well,

Andy

• C
    Beginner September 2012
    christabella6 ·
    • Hide content

Hi we ahve relatives who live over there and go twice a year to saty with them. Last year i was there in Oct and it was lovely still hot but comfortable but a little bit chilly in the evenings. July and Aug are very hot but we are planning our wedding next year for late Aug. Have been in March which i wouldnt recommend as it can be a bit chilly and there is a chance of rain. At the minute its in the 30s already. Good luck and congrats on the wedding.

• P
    Beginner November 2012
    pana ·
    • Hide content

HI Guys

I am planning my wedding for next year in Paphos Cyprus. I saw your post, thought this website would help you. It helped me alot in finding my photographer
    http://www.specialens.com/. Its great its helped me and my fiancée choose the one we wanted online and saw his pictures. Also joined there facebook group http://www.facebook.com/specialens

• D
    Beginner June 2011
    Dinka ·
    • Hide content

Hi there,

Ive just got back from our amazing wedding in Paphos (17th June). We went for the yacht in the Harbour option which was perfect, we didnt like the idea of people overlooking the ceremony which happens alot with the beach/hotel weddings. So we had the whole boat to ourselves out at see for the whole evening. So I can highly recommend that! We used Exclusive Yacht weddings and they do packages with everything taken care of, you just need to take your dress and your rings.

With regards to the weather. ive never been in October. but usually go every year (this year was an exception) in September and its still very hot then, so October will be lovely. It will just get darker sooner just like here.

Hope that helps. I can recommend good accommodation too if your guest need any.

• D
    Beginner June 2011
    Dinka ·
    • Hide content

Just back from our wedding onboard the Sea Star - it was amazing you will have a fab time x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics