Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner March 2013

OH doesnt want a buttonhole :(

lumc86, 29 October, 2012 at 09:06 Posted on Planning 0 12

My OH and his best man are both in the RAF. He told me yesterday he doesnt want a button hole. They'll be wearing their Number 1 unifrom until about 4ish, and then changing into their Number 5's, and he said there's no point in them having one, as he doesn't want to put it on his 5's so it will be a waste of money.

I think it will look a bit silly to have the other best man (yup, he's having two) and the ushers, and the rest of the bridal party wearing them button holes but not him and best man #1. :o(

Has anyone else's OH decided not to have one (whilst everyone else does)?

12 replies

Latest activity by Barefoot, 29 October, 2012 at 16:00
  • ladyzoot
    Beginner August 2012
    ladyzoot ·
    • Hide content

If the other men in the bridal party are wearing suits, not uniforms then I don't think it will look odd at all.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

As above - as they're in different outfits I don't think it'll look odd.

Not sure I get the 'money' angle though - buttonholes cost about £3 each.

• L
    Beginner March 2013
    lumc86 ·
    • Hide content

Not sure how much he thinks button holes cost! The thing is, there will be about 7 guys there in RAF unifrom, so thats the other reason it would be nice for them both to have a button hole as it will show that they are in the bridal party and not just other guests!

Humphh. I dont see me winning this one though Smiley sad

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

If I were you, I'd just let him do what he wants. I'd order two extra buttonholes so that if he decides differently on the day, he can pop one on.

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

How much of a say has he had on other things?

Remember it is his wedding too, and sometimes you just have to pick your battles.

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

It depends on his exact uniform but I think that the uniform in itself is enough especially if he also has a medal then the button hole is going to be competing with that, he may even have a few medals in which case their wont even be any room for a flower.

• starstruck-
    starstruck- ·
    • Hide content

My Hubby is also in the RAF and he wore his no.1's for the ceremony and wedding breakfast. He didn't have a buttonhole, and neither did the best man (who was also in uniform), however the ushers and both Dad's did have buttonholes. I think it all looked fine!

Gosh! That was 10 years ago now - feels like only yesterday...lol ?

• L
    Beginner March 2013
    lumc86 ·
    • Hide content

Hmmm, yeah, I suppose with all the other stuff on his uniform it wont really look too bad! Meh, cant believe I'm getting stressed out about buttonholes! Is it wrong that I could already do with a Gin and its only 11:30am on a Monday morning?!?!

• M
    Marilyn ·
    • Hide content

At the royal wedding last year the men in Uniform did not have buttonholes the men in morning dress did so if its right for them.............................

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

After my wedding coordinator brought me my bouquet on the day, she said she'd go to OH and make him a buttonhole of the same flowers. I arrived at the altar and he wasn't wearing one. Apparently he wasn't sure it would look good, so rather than have one made, and try, just didn't bother. Yes, it would have looked nice in photos, matching my flowers, but at the end of the day it's just such a tiny insignificant thing it really really doesn't matter. As with many things, on the day, you won't care. There are more important things Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics