Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MandM90
Beginner July 2011

"Oh God, I think they've got me a fat stripper"

MandM90, 23 of July of 2011 at 23:24 Posted on Planning 0 124

W2B is on her stag/hen/whatever night, and this is the last I've heard from her.

They disappeared into the night two hours ago after some tequila shots...arghhh! I'm nearly at the bottom of a lovely bottle of wine and still keep checking my phone and Facebook for updates...how sad!!

Did anyone else feel edgy when their OHs were on stag dos or am I a loser?

124 replies

Latest activity by pandorasbox, 25 of July of 2011 at 18:05
  • panda2011
    Beginner September 2011
    panda2011 ·
    • Hide content

My OH is on his stag as we speak & he & his best man have been given strict instructions that 'if there are any strippers/lap dancers/naked ladies/partially clad ladies I will find out & the wedding will be cancelled' not that I'm a control freak but I have personal reasons for being very against this sort of thing which is a long story & not to be posted on a public forum. I trust my OH to know that he won't go against my wishes on this as he understands how devastated I would be & he also knows that if it happens, it will without doubt end up on facebook so I will find out & the wedding will be off. Other that this, as far as I'm concerned he can get as stupidly drunk as he likes & make a complete tit of himself. I'll just laugh at the photos later!

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

Fingers crossed BM has headed your warning Panda. I gave my Bridesmaids a simular warning (except from me, not OH and obviously omitting the cancelling the wedding), and yet.... Still got a stripper!! Grr. However, not one of my 26 hens has yet posted an image on FB and no-one outside the hen party and the Hitched community . oh and OH (who I told) know. Phew!

I wasn't worried about OH on the night, but then i'm not particularly concerned over strippers. While I'm not going to buy him tickets - I don't find the whole thing sexy/nice at all, so pretty emotionless about it.

That said, I was worried when i'd not got a text by 2pm the next day. However, a call confirmed he had indeed survived... All in tact.. haha.

• MandM90
    Beginner July 2011
    MandM90 ·
    • Hide content

I'm not so much worried about the stripper as her hurting herself, getting stupidly drunk and throwing up all over our house or...god knows what! I've heard news the stripper has arrived and she's been tied to a chair and abused haha!

• kerrylou89
    Beginner August 2011
    kerrylou89 ·
    • Hide content

I felt very on edge when my OH was on his stag do.. i trust him ****% but they guys he went are another story.. as soon as my OH got on coach they took his phone off him and turned it off so i had no contact with him.. but one of the lads of stag do text his fiancee one of my best mates that they were currently at a strip club and my OH was having a lapdance ☹️ i have to say when she read the message out to me i felt sick and upset i dont no why Smiley sad but so far i havent seen pictures or anything thank god.. just dreading what OH best man's speech will have in it ? haa

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Im encouraging MrMini to go to a strip club- poor lad deserves to see some decent boobs at least once before he gets married!

Theres quite a bit that happened on my friends Hen do that our menfolk would be decidely unimpressed with...I think the saying is "what goes on tour, stays on tour?"

My only stipulation is that if there is any hair removal from MrMinis face/head the wedding will be off.

MandM- did your OH have a good time?

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content

I didn't have a stripper on my hen night, but I did ask a fit waiter if he was my stripper when I first saw him....

• MandM90
    Beginner July 2011
    MandM90 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

She did, I think!

The stripper was as awful as they anticipated and my OH - after a few drinks - kept asking "this isn't your full time job, is it?" Apparently the stripper covered herself in cream and tried to get her to lick it off but she refused (because she doesn't like cream, not out of loyalty to me haha!)

Our friends then made her drink from a willie shaped cup and they went to a club; I think that's as mad as it got...they obviously aren't very imaginative...I was secretly hoping they'd abuse her a little more!

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am very worried about my b2b's hen night which is soon. I know I probably have no reason to be, but I just can't help it.

Unfortunately it's not her family going with her, or what they planned, that worries me - it's the other friends that are going who may have other ideas about what is and isn't appropriate particularly after consuming plenty of alcohol.

I have made it very clear that if a stripper is involved, I will deal with whoever ordered it, then hunt down the stripper and ensure he never has the opportunity to work again.

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content

You can't hunt down a stripper for doing his/her job AJ. You sound like you have serious trust issues.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It is not the strippers fault, he/she is paid to do a job.

If it happens and if she really doesn't like it, then she can stand up and say so? No?

I had lots of dares to do on my hen night and I drew the line at some. No-one thought any worse of me for doing so.

• Fergo
    Beginner December 2012
    Fergo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WSS! Are you kidding AJ?

• Tray1980
    Beginner July 2013
    Tray1980 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WSS!

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

I utterly detest the idea of hen/stag nights and all they stand for, it's nothing to do with trust as I trust her completely that she wouldn't have chosen it, but to me it's more an issue of the disrespect of the person who booked it for the fact that she's about to get married.

I know to most of you it's a bit of innocent fun with your friends - I take these things very seriously.

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Caz, how do you feel about having a stripper?

• fizzypop
    Beginner July 2011
    fizzypop ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha! Funniest thing I've heard all day. Get a grip, AJ!

• Fergo
    Beginner December 2012
    Fergo ·
    • Hide content

Good shout Mooey?

• Tray1980
    Beginner July 2013
    Tray1980 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What they stand for? Going out for a night out with friends? It doesn't have to be the "last night of freedom" that you appear to dislike so much. I'm planning 2 (one for my southern friends/family), one for my northern friends and family.

I doubt I'll have a stripper, and if I do so be it - nowt will happen with it, and I know my OH trusts me completely. He knows there will be drunken-ness and general stupidity, but my friends and family know where to draw the line.

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

what is it about them you detest? Not all hens/ stags involve lots of drinking and stripers. Im not a big fan of traffic wardens but they are only doing their job.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Then she should choose who to invite on her hen do more carefully no?

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

There are so many things about them I dislike that I'm not even sure where to start. Suffice to say that I haven't seen one hen night report on here yet to change my views on the subject.

As I've said before, I trust my b2b completely. It's the others going there that I'm not so sure about.

• Fergo
    Beginner December 2012
    Fergo ·
    • Hide content

That makes no sense....if you trust her, then end of topic. Whether there's a stripper or not.

• fizzypop
    Beginner July 2011
    fizzypop ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Here here!

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content

What about a spa weekend hen do? Do you detest those?

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Unfortunately she hasn't organised it - she's more or less clueless about what's going on apart from the date, and the location thanks to one person who couldn't contain their excitement.

She did give a list of names of friends/work colleagues she wanted invited, but doesn't know the actual guest list - we know of at least one person who has invited themselves (and been accepted by the organiser) via Facebook so who knows who else might have been secretly organised by others without my b2b or the person putting the event together knowing?

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I find them a bit boring but otherwise they're not too bad I guess - usually overpriced though.

• Fergo
    Beginner December 2012
    Fergo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

There might be fit lifeguards!

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content

Would you rather she just sat in her room on her own? You are coming across as being extremely controlling.

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

AJ - chill the feck out! You are getting your knickers in a twist when there's absolutely no need to. All you're going to achieve with this mindset is upsetting yourself and possibly spoiling your w2b's hen do - which she will never get the opportunity to do again.

• Tray1980
    Beginner July 2013
    Tray1980 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WSS!

• RayeRaye84
    Beginner
    RayeRaye84 ·
    • Hide content

Not that I'm one for controversy, but I fail to understand why AJ is being ostracised for his hatred towards strippers when quite clearly another forum member expressed very similar views.

Despite giving a reason the feeling was, in my opinion, just as strongly opposed as AJ's.

AJ may, like many others, have his reasons for disliking strippers and not want them anywhere near him or his B2B. I don't think this makes him any more controlling than those who dictate anything else that can or can't happen on a stag do.

Every one has different preferences and some people just wouldn't appreciate the whole stripper thing, whereas others would. Whilst I agree that hunting a stripper down is completely outrageous, I don't think AJ has said anything untoward THIS TIME!*

*Unless, AJ, you are serious about hunting the stripper down? ?

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content

I really don't want a stripper at my hen do,i am going for a cocktail tea party,then to see a comedy show and then for drinks. I am going with the 15 women that mean the most to me in my life . Along with life/kids/work/distance it can be really hard to meet up and all go out,i was speaking to one friend who i have known since i was 15,it will be the first time in ten years that myself and her and another friend with have actually been out for a drink together.I assume it is similar for your OH so please don't stress her or have her wondering the whole night what you are thinking or doing,it will ruin it for her.

As for my OH years ago he wants me to have a fantastic time,why would he not?. He knows that i don't want a stripper but if i do end up getting one then he would not say anything much.

I want him to go and have fun on his stag as well and have really kept out of it as this is his time to also have a laugh with his friends,are you going to have a stag AJ? I know you were not sure in the past.

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

No, I'm not having a 'stag night' and I think it's quite possible that my b2b would not be having the hen night that's been planned if she'd actually had any say in the matter, I know when it was discussed some months back her thought was more along the lines of a quiet night in with some chick flicks and nibbles.

I do find it entertaining how so many people I've seen post on Hitched that they have absolutely no issues with strippers on their hen do but would be upset if their h2b ended up in a strip club or had a lap dance. Double standards surely?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics