Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

stoice
Beginner September 2013

Oily skin - Bare minerals or Airbrush make-up?

stoice, 22 of October of 2012 at 11:11 Posted on Planning 0 7

I rarely wear make-up and have been trying to get in touch with my inner girliness ready for the wedding. (Can't believe I've spent weeks discussing diamantes and lace, let alone make-up!) I have no idea what make are best for my oil skin. It's really oily. (Sounding attractive now! LOL). The past few weeks I've been using cliniques three step system to help combat the problem before applying makeup, as usually any moisturisers or soap based products make it worse. Well it seems to help a little so now on to makeup. I'd had a clinique makeup counter trial and and reletively happy with the foundation and I'm still unsure if I'm confident enough to do my own make-up on the day given my lack of makeup skills. So I've been looking at a few MUAs and there are two people I'm interested in. One uses bare minerals, the other uses silica based airbrush makeup.

Does anybody know which would last the best on the day considering my oily skin, and also, do either of them photograph ok under flash conditions?

Thanks ladies.

7 replies

Latest activity by natalieexx, 23 of October of 2012 at 16:49
  • Tallulaha
    Beginner November 2012
    Tallulaha ·
    • Hide content

Sorry I cant help with your specific question but I do know that places like Benefit, Mac and Bobbi Brown do make-up lessons which would improve your confidence of doing your own. You pay something like £30-40 and then that amount is deducted from any products you buy.

Also it wouldnt hurt to speak to a couple of the MUA's and ask them their advice - a good one would be able to adapt the products they use according to your skin type I would have thought!

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

I had airbrush for my wedding as I wanted one less thing to worry about. I can't recommend it highly enough! I have fairly oily skin but then dry patches near my nose and I never noticed either on the day. Also it is sweat proof, hug proof, waterproof and still feels like you have nothing on your skin which would be great if you don't normally use make up

• cookiekat
    Beginner August 2012
    cookiekat ·
    • Hide content

I had airbrush I used https://www.taniaclaire.com/ she was amazing!

Dont think there is a single shiny photo of me and the only make up touch up's I did was lipstick

• Aimee Hicks (Makeup HIB)
    Aimee Hicks (Makeup HIB) ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

From my experience I wouldn't use Bare Minerals on oily skin. I've used it on myself and end up oily about 10 minutes after putting it on.

I do airbrush as well as 'traditional' makeup and find airbrush works well on oily skin and keeps shineyness at bay. If you end up with 'traditional' makeup make sure you use a mattifying primer after using moisturiser.

Aimee x

• Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB)
    Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB) ·
    • Hide content

Totally agree about Bare Minerals - I hate the stuff! Juliet x

• JuliaTaff
    Beginner May 2013
    JuliaTaff ·
    • Hide content

Hi girls, I have really oily skin too, and am looking for a make up artist for my wedding in Cheltenham - does anyone have any recommendations of MUAs for me? Sorry to hi-jack this post! xxx

• stoice
    Beginner September 2013
    stoice ·
    • Hide content

No problem Julia, the knowledge you can get from this forum is amazing.

Thanks everyone for your input. Seems Bare Minerals may be ok for everyday, maybe, but I think I'll give the airbrush makeup a trial. I like the sound of it staying put all day, just got to check those claims work on my oily skin. I think I'd like the experience of someone else pampering me on the day too, rather than stressing about my make-up.

• natalieexx
    Beginner October 2012
    natalieexx ·
    • Hide content

I have normal skin but with an extremely oily t-zone. I use bareminerals matte foundation followed by mineral veil every day and within a couple of hours I'm oily again, even with the No7 Matte primer underneath! The only reason I stick to it is because although I do get shiny, the makeup stays in place and looks flawless all day.

I thought about using airbrush makeup on my wedding day but couldn't afford it so ended up doing my own makeup.

I used No7 Matte Primer, a base of YSL Foundation for the strong coverage, and then bareminerals matte foundation and mineral veil on top, and it lasted all day. Using another base made such a difference and I had one powder touch up all day, and my makeup stayed looking fresh.

If you can afford airbrush then try it out, make sure you book a trial early in the morning so you can really see how it would last for an entire day. Good luck! xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics