Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner September 2013

Ok BIG question! Bridesmaids to walk down the aisle before or after you?!!

BrogstarBride, 13 April, 2012 at 13:47 Posted on Planning 0 19

I have heard sooooo many different opinions lol I thought your Bridesmaids walk down the Aisle before the bride, What does everyone else think?

Smiley smile

x

19 replies

Latest activity by Suzie&Karl, 14 April, 2012 at 09:24
  • Sloth
    Sloth ·
    • Hide content

Traditional English - BM Behind

American Way - BM Infront

Personally - BM infront - makes my entrance bigger, and I alwasy feel BM get kinda lost if they are after the Bride

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

Traditionally, behind the bride here, in front in the USA. First time round mine went first so the piece of music I had chosen rose to a crescendo as I walked in. I had flowergirl and pageboy, then BMs once FG & PB reached the end, then me and Dad once BMs reached the end. Then again, I didn't have a mahoosive train, and wore a fairly heavyweight dress. I'd say if you have a long train or floatier material you may want a BM behind you to sort it all out and keep it looking nice.

• Tizzie
    Beginner June 2012
    Tizzie ·
    • Hide content

I'm having mine walk down first so they get a chance to show off their dresses, i feel if they walk down behind me, they wont have any attention on them!

• B
    Beginner September 2013
    BrogstarBride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Good thinking! I want that too lol

x

• porkchop
    Beginner September 2012
    porkchop ·
    • Hide content

I'm going down first as H2B said that he wants to see me, not me half obscured by my BM and FG!! I kinda see his point!

• F
    Beginner June 2012
    Future Mrs Chuckles ·
    • Hide content

I'm definitely having:

- Cute FG first

- Gorgeous BM next

- My dad and I last

I want my big entrance - but good point about who sorts out my train.... May have to instruct one of my BM to fix it when I get to the top! Smiley smile

• Flamin Nora
    Beginner August 2013
    Flamin Nora ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This.

• Going2theChapel
    Beginner March 2013
    Going2theChapel ·
    • Hide content

Bridesmaids first for me Smiley smile

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married in a windmill so the 'aisle' is limited! there will only be one entrance moment (unless I hide round the corner whilst my BM go in), and I want that moment to be mine.

As soon as the door opens I want all eyes on Dad and I, and OH to see me too (and picture opportunities). BM will follow an they will be seen once they get to the front. Tis our day, and for that reason I don't mind not giving BM their moment. They will have their moment at their wedding.

Plus my sister has chosen these HUGE heels, she will me head and shoulders above Dad and me anyway!

• bluemoongirly
    Beginner October 2013
    bluemoongirly ·
    • Hide content

I am only having on adult bridesmaid, so im going to leave it up to her, me thinks she will want to come after being on her own?!

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

Me followed by pageboys, followed by BMs.

Then everyone goes "wooooow" "aawwwwwww" "oooooh"

;-)

• *BigBird*
    Beginner April 2013
    *BigBird* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This!

Will wait untill the bridesmaids and page boys have finished walking down untill me and my Dad come into sight.

• Jen31601
    Beginner March 2013
    Jen31601 ·
    • Hide content

I'm having my 2 FGs first, then me, then my 2 grown up BMs behind. I was thinking of FGs then BMs then me but don't want the BMs obstructing me from H2B and the FGs are so diddy that he'll be able to see straight over them!

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This ^ - except mine will be a bridesman so OH would even more rather see me!

• L
    Beginner April 2013
    laura9889 ·
    • Hide content

Mine are walking down first!

• ButterflyChild
    Beginner May 2013
    ButterflyChild ·
    • Hide content

I plan to have my BMs walk down the aisle and take their place at the front before I begin to make my way down Smiley smile

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

I sent them first, I had 4 so in 2 pairs. Dad and I went down after that. Normally there is loads of faffing if they go first as to how they will get out of the way to sit down, especially if he bride has a big dress on.

• Suzie&Karl
    Beginner January 2012
    Suzie&Karl ·
    • Hide content

Just something to bear in mind, i'm not sure if you are getting married in a church or a hotel

But i had always dreamed of having my bridesmaids go first, but my vicar at the church insisted that i had to have them go after me as it was tradition. When i questioned t she said i have chosen to get married a traditional way so i was to follow the rules.

Was very upset but not much i could do Smiley sad

x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics