Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner

Old Fruitmarket in Glasgow - Advice Needed!

MAG2FMC, 8 December, 2011 at 08:03 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi everyone - I'm new to the forum but have already found its tips immensely helpful and was hoping some of you could help me out. We are about to sign with the Old Fruitmarket for our dinner and reception. We absolutely LOVE the venue. It really encapsulates our style. What I'm worried about however is that we'll likely only have 115-120 guests for the dinner and reception (which is the Old Fruitmarket's minimum), and I'm concerned about the place feeling "too big" for that number. We plan to divide the room in thirds, between the dance floor on 1/3 and the tables on 2/3. The tables won't be pushed away during the dancing bit. And, instead of having 10 at each table, we plan to have 8. Still, I'm afraid the room might feel cavernous.

Can anyone who's been to a or held her dinner/reception in the Old Fruitmarket advise?

Thanks!

1 replies

Latest activity by JayneyB, 8 December, 2011 at 09:39
  • looneysh
    Beginner May 2012
    looneysh ·
    • Hide content

Welcome to hitched. I'm from Glasgow but unfortunately never been inside the old fruitmarket so can't advised. There are a few Glasgow brides on the site so hopefully someone will be along who is either having their wedding or been to a wedding there. The idea of splitting the room in 3rds sounds like a good idea, at you going to put up some kind of partition wall?

• JayneyB
    Beginner November 2012
    JayneyB ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

I went to a wedding here in October and it was amazing, the food was really nice (portions were a bit small). It is a huge space but I think as long as you don't space your guests out too much it should be fine. It certainly has the WOW factor here! Good Luck with the planning!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics