Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

katiechops
Beginner June 2013

Old, New, Borrowed and Blue..... who organises this though......?

katiechops, 10 July, 2012 at 17:24 Posted on Planning 0 4

This may be a stupid question but is it the Brides job to find these things or do other people tend to 'borrow' and 'give' you things'?

Whats the norm? x

4 replies

Latest activity by Figs, 10 July, 2012 at 20:23
  • C
    Beginner September 2013
    Caraboo ·
    • Hide content

I think it's normally something the bride thinks of, although often things are offered, especially when it comes to old/borrowed - lots of MOBs will offer jewellery, veils etc that have been used at previous family weddings.

• ladyzoot
    Beginner August 2012
    ladyzoot ·
    • Hide content

It depends - people may offer you things/buy you things, or you can organise it yourself. I bought my own something blue (blue silk knickers), my Mum offered to buy me jewellery for my something new, and offered me her broach for something old; and I asked my sister in law if I could borrow her veil. Quite a few people have asked me if I am doing the "something old, new etc" thing and offered suggestions.

• katiechops
    Beginner June 2013
    katiechops ·
    • Hide content

Ahhh ok, I dont get married for a year so I'll maybe wait for the borrowed - as i dont really know what i need to borrow yet, I'll get thinking about the blue. Ive seen people have blue soles of their shoes which is a nice thing. Failing that Blue knicks it is then ha x

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

I had blue rhinestone "I do" transfers for the bottom of my shoes. I totally forgot to wear my something borrowed and old on the wedding day! Ooops!!!

• Figs
    Beginner June 2012
    Figs ·
    • Hide content

I wasn't bothered about doing anything, and then about a month before my parents told me that they had sorted it...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics