Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner September 2013

Old photos at the wedding

morristobe, 7 of August of 2013 at 13:33 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi all

I am having a birdcage theme for my wedding next month and I bought a birdcage memo board thing which I was originally going to use as my table plan. However, i've since changed my mind and the birdcage is now surplace to requirements. I thought it would be really nice to use it for something as it will help to bring in my theme.

I've got a couple of ideas:

1. Putting some black and white photos of OH and I over our 6 years together; OR

2. Putting some black and white photos of my parents wedding and OH's parents wedding. The only thing is my mum and dad had a big white wedding and OH's was a registery office and they both wore suits. However, I thought it might be quite a nice gesture.

What do you all think or do you have any other ideas?

Here's a link to the birdcage: http://www.livfurniture.co.uk/birdcage-memo-holder-in-cream.ir?cName=for-the-walls-chalk-boards-memo-holders

8 replies

Latest activity by DaffodilWaves, 7 of August of 2013 at 19:47
  • laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content

I like this idea, I think I want to do it for quite a few family members, a bit like this:

This is coming out huge in the post preview so I'm really hoping it scales down a bit!

Could you do both of your ideas? So combine your parents' weddings with photos of the two of you? Then you don't have to choose!

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Not sure why this is a problem??

• miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content

I think it's a lovely idea. I don't know if you are having any bunting in your wedding decorations but I saw this tutorial that I thought was cute...

/46553/diy-tutorial-photo-bunting/

This way you could have as many photos as you liked ;-)

• H
    Beginner August 2014
    HundredMonkeys ·
    • Hide content

I plan to do this. I'm going to get photos of my parents' wedding back in the 60s, OH's parents' wedding, my sister's and grandparents wedding pics. I'll be putting them in mismatched antique frames, probably on the gift table or next to the cake. Will also have some photos of me and OH as kids. It fits well with our theme and I think it'll be nice for guests to have something to look at. Also, my wedding is very much based on my mum and dads so it'll be cool to have pics of theirs.

• becca030713
    Beginner June 2014
    becca030713 ·
    • Hide content

I plan on doing the old photos of close relatives e.g. our parents, our grandparents, brothers etc. I just think it's a nice thing to do and is a conversation starter.

I might have 1 photo of each of us when we were younger on our head table, e.g one of me dressed up as a bride age 4/similar of OH.

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

Aw that is a lovely idea!
    I'd love to do this, unfortunately we don't have many photos and a lot went missing or it'd definitely be something we'd bring in Smiley smile

• Missmadgiggles
    Beginner August 2013
    Missmadgiggles ·
    • Hide content

We have a childhood theme (some would say childish theme) for our wedding so round the table plan we have loads of our own baby/kiddie photos which each of our mums picked out for us. Some of them are truely hideous/embarassing and I fully expect our guests to have a good old laugh... which will be fab ? as I just want my day filled with laughter.

• Gemma Lawrence
    Gemma Lawrence ·
    • Hide content

I think its lovely to see lots of pictures of parents weddings/grandparents weddings etc .. brings such a personal touch and gives guests so much to talk about. LOVE the photo bunting idea.

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

It's always nice to see old photos in frames, especially if it is of their Parent/Grandparents on their wedding day.

One of my brides was a keen photographer and had the photo bunting. She had a lot of photos to make it and designed it so they were Polaroids.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics