Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Old Toys

17 of August of 2012 at 22:44

Posted on Off Topic Posts 51

This is going round FB at the moment (apologies if you've already seen it) I had one, although my memories of it are from when it was passed down to my sister and then brother. In later years, I also had a He-Man doll, Polly Pocket (the hairdressing salon, no less) and then sticker collections came...

This is going round FB at the moment (apologies if you've already seen it)

I had one, although my memories of it are from when it was passed down to my sister and then brother.

In later years, I also had a He-Man doll, Polly Pocket (the hairdressing salon, no less) and then sticker collections came along - I did WWF, Premier League and the Gladiators!

I had a slightly older cousin who used to pass things down to me so I also had one of those Martin robot things, where you put the different cards in and it teaches you things. Plus a My Little Pony stable which I loved.

One thing I never had though were the Sylvanian Family toys, much to my huge sadness - my BF had the whole lot including the camper van, which I was wildly jealous of.

51 replies

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Aw! We had the one which had the babies inside the puppy. They had such huge dopey eyes you couldn't help but buy them!

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

I had a baby blue pound puppy I called 'Pastel' ? and a big mummy one with tiny babies that lived in her velcro belly.

Also the trolls and water games.

• spikeygoodness
    Beginner
    spikeygoodness ·
    • Hide content

I had a Mr Frosty, and it was rubbish. You couldn't, as a child, push down on the ice crusher bit hard enough to grate the ice. Very disappointing. The toy I wanted the most, ever, was a my little pony. I can't believe you can still get them!

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah, but they're not the same. They're all glamourous and skinny with pouty faces and too much make up.

Then:

Now:

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

I ❤️ this thread.

Did anyone play this, in the dark on sleepovers? I remember being bloomin' terrified of the man at points!

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

I had these! I loved them but have no idea what they did now

• FaeBelle13
    Beginner April 2013
    FaeBelle13 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh no what have they done! the original one is so pretty! I want to go home and play with ponies!

Did anyone else have the my little pony videos? There was one episode where they got chased by a cloud thing, used to scare the hell out of me!

ETA I just watched it up on youtube 'coz I'm that cool

• Simon and Alison
    Beginner
    Simon and Alison ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah I had that! Didn't he used to shout stuff at random points too?!

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think so...I wonder if they do a DVD version ?

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

I cant belive they did that to my little pony. They look like they are on drugs. Or like the fake ones you could get from the pound shop. tut tut tut. Fumin.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Apparently the daughter of Mr Creator of Polly Pocket thinks he would hate how they are now!

I had so many of these... but no Sylvanian Family...

I was more of a lego fan...

My sister was more Playmobil (which my niece loves now and I spend hours playing!!)

This was our favourite

Mum also found these at school fairs and car boot sales - A barbie townhouse with a lift and working stereo (can't find a picture!), a barbie campervan and a barbie jacuzzi!!

And a million things made by fisher price!

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Eww I can't believe it either! It looks like "My Little Pony Having An LSD Trip"...

• aecy
    Beginner October 2011
    aecy ·
    • Hide content

I wasn't allowed a Mr Frosty as a kid either, but at the age of 20 mum and dad relented and bought me one for xmas - Vodka slushes never tasted so good ?

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I had that cassette player! My mum warned me NEVER to press the record button in case I accidentally recorded over my tapes, to the point where I ended up developing an irrational fear of it!

• saspip
    Beginner May 2012
    saspip ·
    • Hide content

This thread has really made me smile. I forgot about popples, I remember loving mine more than anything else in the world. I was a spoilt only child until my bro arrived when I was 13 and I had all the Sylvanians. Although I'm another one who never got a Mr Frosty and I was so desperate for one.

Also, not toy related but I can remember crazing for a pair of Clarks Magic Steps, those shoes with the key in the sole. Looking back now I can't imagine what was so exciting about them!

ETA: I also had this:

I had all his replies and the noises permanently etched into my brain. Loved it.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Erm... Because they were AMAZING?

I was six. I'd begged my mam for months. She finally caved and bought me my coveted black patent leather pair. I lay them out ready for school the next day and could hardly sleep for the excitement. I woke up and our German Shepherd puppy had eaten one of them. To say I was distraught is a massive understatement.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Aecy- mine did the same, I got a Mr frosty at 17, I can't say I wasn't disappointed.

• kyanya
    Beginner June 2013
    kyanya ·
    • Hide content

This was my favourite Polly Pocket - the wedding one! The bride and groom floated up the aisle together to the strains of the wedding march, before meeting under the arch in front of the fountain to get married!

This photo of the Playmobile camper van brings back so many happy memories! I remember being little in the car on my birthday to go and stay with my grandparents for a week, we used to get up at 5am to go as it took 5hrs to get there. Mum and Dad must have let me open it in the car so I wouldn't get so bored on the way there, and I remember the bits going everywhere, little knives and forks scattered around!

And I had lots of pony bits, I think a barbie horse that neighed and playmobil ponies with jumps. And a swimming Sindy who was a regular at the paddling pool in the garden!

• FaeBelle13
    Beginner April 2013
    FaeBelle13 ·
    • Hide content

Ahh Mrs C i had those awesome roller skates! they really hurt my toes! Did anyone else have one of these in their bath? Diver dan? I'm tempted to buy one now, bathtime used to be much more fun!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics