Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

stoice
Beginner September 2013

OM - Moss Bros waistcoat question.

stoice, 30 of June of 2013 at 23:20 Posted on Planning 0 3

Bit random, but does anyone know if the pockets on a hired waistcoat from Moss Bros are real or just sewn in falsies? I'd like to get my H2B and maybe the two best men he has, a pocket watch with a chain. H2B really likes watches and I thought he'd like to wear one of these with the chain that goes from the button hole to the watch in the waistcoat pocket. But the pockets aren't real this may not be possible. Any ideas?

3 replies

Latest activity by ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown, 1 of July of 2013 at 15:13
  • overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

If you ring your local Moss Bros branch, they will be able to tell you. Our daughter had them for her wedding but can't remember if they were real or not.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Jacket pocket to buttonhole?

• stoice
    Beginner September 2013
    stoice ·
    • Hide content

Just got my reply from Moss Bros: 'The majority of our hire waist have pockets for show'.

As I suspected. I've tracked down the boys order to give them the specific type of waistcoat and will wait and see if it's one of the minority. Doubt it.

Do you think the button hole idea would be ok as he'll actually have a floral button hole over this spot? I guess it could also work with the lower jacket pocket into the main button. I think I will still get him the watch as it's a great keepsake, and he could still have a photo with him holding it.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Maybe not.

Could you clip the chain to the waistcoat and have the watch in the breast pocket (same side)? With a long enough chain, this should be too restrictive.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics