Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

GEMINIBEBE
Beginner August 2010

OMG I forgot to put something on my invites and they have been sent............

GEMINIBEBE, 31 March, 2010 at 14:46 Posted on Planning 0 11

Have just seen somebody elses post about 'gift information' gift preferences/money etc.

I didnt put any of that on my invites?

BUT I have got a website that I put on my invites with the password for people to RSVP. So, I could in fact add a page on my wedding site to say about gifts?

But, we would really prefer money/vouchers as we have lived together for 11 years and have 2 children there is nothing we need home-wise. I dont really like the cheesy money poems that people put in cards, does anyone else have any suggestions for what I can write on the page without all the cheddar? Or shall I just say nothing and run the risk of receiving 16 irons?

Thank U

?

XXX

11 replies

Latest activity by Lynseys Designs, 31 March, 2010 at 22:47
  • SamSam
    Beginner March 2011
    SamSam ·
    • Hide content

If I received a wedding invitation without gift details, I'd most likely contact the bride or groom to ask what they wanted.

I think an additional page on your wedding website would be fine - just put what you've written here ?

• jem179
    Beginner May 2010
    jem179 ·
    • Hide content

We put it in our invites and also have a page on our website. You can have a look if you like, its www.phillandlindsay.gettingmarried.co.uk The picture on the page is the beach at the resort ?

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Dont worry about it, theres no set rule. I didnt mention gifts at all in our invitations, people just texted or emailed me and asked what we'd like or asked our parents what we would like.....

was fine Smiley smile either you set up your website page but mind those who are not on the net will prolly just call and ask you.

• GEMINIBEBE
    Beginner August 2010
    GEMINIBEBE ·
    • Hide content

OK thanks girls, I will sort this out asap!!

• H
    Beginner July 2010
    hellsbells78 ·
    • Hide content

We had just stuffed all our evening invites into the envelopes when my dad casually went...what date is the wedding. I thought he was just being a bloke when he pointed out we hadnt put the date on the invites!!

People will ask about gifts...dont worry too much!

• GEMINIBEBE
    Beginner August 2010
    GEMINIBEBE ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your suggestions, I agree with the 'rude' thing'. Close family members have all offered to pay for parts of our wedding as a present to us which is a lovely thought and makes it all personal.

I will do the website page like you have all suggested, saying that we dont need anything for our home and we dont need any money for our honeymoon as its 'all inclusive'!! Could do with some money to pay it off though lol!!!

So perhaps I could put something about 'not needing presents but a contribution towards our honeymoon would be great??'

Need to get this done as people have started to ask already and I said I would let them know....... ?

• GEMINIBEBE
    Beginner August 2010
    GEMINIBEBE ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Whoopsie!!!! ?

• emsa1
    Beginner May 2011
    emsa1 ·
    • Hide content

Ive actually had a wedding invite in today's post with no gift list info - ive just written out our RSVP and have just said to let us know if they have a giftlist. If for any reason they didnt get back to us I would probably go for Next/Debenhams vouchers as last resort. I am sure that if anyone wants to buy you a present they will ask!

However even a couple of my friends who have had giftlists and sent them out with invites have still been given random toasters/fruitbowls/strange ornaments on their wedding day!!! xx

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

I'd just put it on your website - thats all we did.

Just say something honest like - as you all know, we have lived together for 11 years so have just about everything we want. We are not looking for wedding gifts, however, if you want to get us something here some suggestions [add voucher list here] or contributions to our honeymoon would be much appreciated.

Or something like that. You could also say - if you see anything that you think we would like then that would be much appreciated too

Hope that helps a little

• GEMINIBEBE
    Beginner August 2010
    GEMINIBEBE ·
    • Hide content

OK thanks for your help girlies, I will update you shortly! ?

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

We didn't mention gifts at all and only got a few actual presents as the rest was either in vouchers, cheque or cash. I don't think there is a need to mention gifts at all because either people will ask, buy what they are comfortable with regardless of whether you have a list or said what you would like or give you money. We did get a lot of towels but I'll use them eventually and it was nice to get presents to actually open.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics