Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

The Sock Chicken
Beginner August 2010

OM's - Did you get any freebies on Honeymoon?

The Sock Chicken, 29 July, 2010 at 22:50 Posted on Planning 0 10

Flight upgrade? Hotel upgrade? Freebies? Perks?

Just being nosy, to see if honeymoon perks are common or a rareity!

10 replies

Latest activity by Mrs_T2B, 30 July, 2010 at 12:19
  • The Little Jewellery Box
    The Little Jewellery Box ·
    • Hide content

We had a free fruit basket and bottle of bubbly in the room. That was with Virgin and they used to offer that to honeymooners as standard in many of their hotels. The hotel bellboys knew we were honeymooners and greeted/teased us loudly everytime they saw us which was a laugh!

I had my fingers crossed for a flight upgrade but it didn't happen!

• Spring
    Beginner February 2008
    Spring ·
    • Hide content

Our towels made into Swans?

• M
    Beginner May 2011
    MrsDicken2b ·
    • Hide content

We were told when we booked our honeymoon that they'd email the hotel a few months before to see if we could have a better suite if available. We won't find out til we get there though.

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

In the travel agent brochures I am looking at for the carribean you can see all kind of things they will offer - guaranteed upgrade to sea view room, couples massage, one offers breakfast served to you on the beach, then the standard fruit / fizzy wine.

O/t but.. My brother and his girlfriend are going away and they have stolen my "Just married" luggage tags to try and bag an upgrade - my dad is despairing with embaressment.! haha

• B
    Beginner July 2010
    brideseekingblush ·
    • Hide content

I mentioned it at every opportunity - our hotel, the restaurant, but sadly nothing! I guess a package they might do a bit more for you

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

We were told by our agent when we booked that he would be contacting the otels in New York and Miami and telling them we are on honeymoon, so I guess we will just have to see.

• bluewater
    Beginner August 2009
    bluewater ·
    • Hide content

We told everyone we could, and mostly people acknowledged it in a small way - petals on the bed or a free drink but no major upgrades or anything like that Smiley sad

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

From what Kuoni said we will get the usual petals on the bed... towels made into swans/ heffalumps... We've also had hotel room upgrades and are getting a free massage at one resort but most are throwing in free champagne, sweets, fruit etc and one gives us a free meal.

I'm basically going to schmooze my ass off, flash my wedding ring at every given opportunity and drop our recent wedding into most conversations. (I'm shameless) We're also going to email the resorts a week before departure to mention the fact it's a honeymoon again.

We're also going to dress vay smartly for our flight out and hope that there is a teeny opportunity that we'll get upgraded on the bird. We got free executive lounge access with our holiday booking, but that wasn't because it was a honeymoon - it was one of the perks of booking through our bank with Kuoni.

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

I know someone who got given a "mrs xxxx" baseball cap when they got married.

about a year after the wedding they were going on holiday and she happened to be wearing it, when they checked in the lady noticed it and said " Oh are you going on your honey moon?! I'll upgrade you!"

they didnt dare correct her!

im also wondering if i leave my passport with my maiden name then chat to them when we check in "oh thats my old name we just got married *ring flash* so i havent had a chance to change it"

i guess it all depends which member of staff in on check in!!

• Mrs_T2B
    Beginner May 2011
    Mrs_T2B ·
    • Hide content

We booked our Honeymoon through Thomson, and are going to Jamaica.

I don't think we get anything major but we have been told we should get a fruit basket and bottle of sparkling, and possibly a candlelit dinner on the beach on our first evening. We have paid extra to have the Sea Front Bungalows (literally about 5 metres from the waters edge) and were thinking of upgrading to First Class.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics