Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner March 2013

OM's - did your evening guests arrive earlier than the time you stated?

Chedi, 5 September, 2012 at 15:09 Posted on Planning 0 12

I'm just wondering if we should expect them to arrive early, or if they were generally on time/after the time you stated?

12 replies

Latest activity by Chedi, 8 September, 2012 at 08:10
  • Simon and Alison
    Beginner
    Simon and Alison ·
    • Hide content

Hiya

Most guests tend to arrive during the half hour after the "start time" on the invites, very few arrive early in our experience ?

Ali x

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

I didn't have separate evening guests, but as a rule, I'd normally arrive around half an hour after the start time on an evening invitation.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This. I wouldn't ever think it was a specific time to show up.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Yeah I reckon people turned up in the hour after the time. Some bang on the start time, others later.

This is why we had our first dance an hour after the evening invitation time.

• Jalapeno
    Beginner October 2012
    Jalapeno ·
    • Hide content

We've put 7:30pm as I fully expect people to arrive at 8pm. If they're early, fine (the bar will be open) but I never arrive at the exact time. Normally like everyone else, about a half hour later.

• *Eclair*
    Beginner August 2012
    *Eclair* ·
    • Hide content

We put 7:30 and although I wasn't particularly paying attention to the clock I think most people were there by the time we finished speeches at 7:40.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Had it been clear on any invitation that there was an "event" happening at a specific time, I would arrive at the time stated.

"Speeches at 7:30, evening reception to follow" would have been clear to me that I should be there for 7:30 pm.

• xlovebirdsx
    Beginner August 2012
    xlovebirdsx ·
    • Hide content

7:30 on the invites, most arrived between 7:30 and 8 x

• *Eclair*
    Beginner August 2012
    *Eclair* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No, speeches started just after 7ish and over-ran. Everyone was just there at the time we put.

• Pink Han-bag
    Beginner March 2013
    Pink Han-bag ·
    • Hide content

We would be there on the time stated or early but that's because, if you give my OH a time, he will be there at that time. I expect people to be later than the time but equally I'm not going to hang around to do things waiting for people to arrive.

We went to a wedding the other week and the speeches were still going on when we got there, that was a pain.

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

I honestly have no idea what time it was when our evening guests started arriving! We said 7.30, I think more or less everyone was there by our first dance at 8.30pm. When we went to a reception recently it said 7pm but we didn't get there til nearly 8 and there were lots of people arriving much later than us.

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

I think some of my work colleagues and Mum's friends came early, as the disco was setting up when they arrived. We were just mooching/having photos in the bar, so it wasn't a problem

• C
    Beginner March 2013
    Chedi ·
    • Hide content

Thank you all. I was worrying if I put 7 as say the time on the invites they might arrive really early so before we'd finished the wedding breakfast. I think I'll leave it as 7 for everything to start after 7.30

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics