Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner September 2013

OMs has anyone hired a suit from Debenhams?

morristobe, 1 March, 2013 at 13:09 Posted on Planning 0 5

Can't seem to find any reviews. We have been given a good quote and can get full tails suit, cravat and shoe hire and OH has faled in love with a lovely grey number. Just wondering if anyone had used them before and if they would reccomend or stear clear?

5 replies

Latest activity by Riablo, 1 March, 2013 at 19:30
  • Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

I used them, we didn't have tails, just the standard grey suit. I would struggle to recommend them to be honest. I thought they were really poor on the customer service side. Not to mention one usher was given his suit without any trousers!

• Sara.Head
    Beginner June 2014
    Sara.Head ·
    • Hide content

How much have they quoted you? x

• M
    Beginner September 2013
    morristobe ·
    • Hide content

Oh dear really?

The woman at our branch seems really on the ball. She said they order the suits to be in store 10 days before the wedding, if they fit they can take them then, if not they have plenty of time to order in another.

For 5 suits they've quoted £525, trousers, shirt, tails jacket, waistcoat, cravat, hankerchief, cufflinks and shoes.

• BarcaGirl25
    Beginner April 2014
    BarcaGirl25 ·
    • Hide content

We went but the service was appalling!

We have gone to Austin Reed now. Haven't had my OH and his best man sorted yet but my grandfather said they were very nice to him. Mind you he thinks everyone who will listen to his stories are lovely haha!

• R
    Beginner August 2013
    Riablo ·
    • Hide content

I have to say that quote doesn't sound that cheap to me, although I have only just started looking at suit hire.

I'm not sure where you are based but we use Slaters for our work suits and they have stores in most major cities. Both me and my other half are difficult to fit for suits and they have always offered an excellent service, old fashioned good service, the type of shop where they know what will look good as soon as you walk through the door, can tell your size by looking at you and will often suggest a different alternative to what you were originally thinking of...and quite often at a very good price. (My favourite suit store lol!). Because we were so impressed with their sales service we went to enquire about hire and they seemed excellent again, although we haven't ever hired anything off them yet but will probably will do

We went to the Birmingham store and they quoted £82 for all different styles of suits: tails / short jackets / Prince Edward style to include trousers, jacket, waist coat, shirt, cravat and hanky. Cufflinks were £3 extra and I think shoes were about £12. Silk suits were more expensive.

If you take 4 suits then the 5th is free and unusually they will do the most expensive for free (which is usually the groom!).

They seemed very accommodating, happy for different people to go in at different times or to different stores and they seemed to stock a wide range of sizes. I like that they have the expertise to suggest what suits flatter certain figures and for example they have suggested that our ushers may wear a slightly different cut to groom and best man but still tying it all together with the same waist coats and cravats.

I also went to Greenwoods and although they were more expensive they did say they would price match any quote. Family have hired from them before and I've heard good things, but no personal experience.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics