Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner January 1999

OM's How long did you wait for your photographs - getting impatient!!

Kilner, 28 of August of 2015 at 17:11 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi

Our photographer said we should receive the photos in 4 weeks. It has been 4 and a half weeks now although she did email me today and say we should get them by 18th September!! She has been travelling so is 3 weeks behind schedule but I'm just getting so impatient now! She sent us one photo the day after the wedding so this is all I have to show at the moment!

I asked if she can send another couple over to keep us going - but no reply yet.

I just wondered if this seems a long time to wait?

She is a lovely lady and I am sure the photos will be fab so just venting my frustration really!

9 replies

Latest activity by Chris Giles Photography, 29 of August of 2015 at 12:32
  • Kittylove
    Beginner August 2015
    Kittylove ·
    • Hide content

I waited five whole days, it was torture.

Sorry, don't mean to rub it in. I was told to expect three to four weeks, but he turned them around within one. I was very impressed.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I'm shocked. I had no idea the photos took so long to turn up. My friend in America is a professional tog and I'm used to him working day and night for a fast turn round. No idea I might have to wait a month! ?

• A
    Beginner March 2015
    Ash953 ·
    • Hide content

7 weeks.

Contract said 4 to 6 weeks, but she was really ill so there was a delay.

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Everyone works differently I usually get them ready for (if ) when they are back from honeymoon 2 weeks.

For me its important to do the editing straight away whilst the exact colours are still in my mind as sometimes digital cameras do not always record some colours exactly as seen by the eye and so with the proper colour fresh in my mind I can tweak to the correct ones. I do not like big backlogs as I wouldn't feel I can put the same amount of dedication into them knowing I have 5 weddings to do.

• Daisy Bell
    Beginner August 2015
    Daisy Bell ·
    • Hide content

Ours has told us 6-7 weeks. It's not even been 1 week yet and I can't believe we will have to wait till October!

We will get a preview though within 1-2 weeks - I think for other couples she's done about 10-20 pictures for that.

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

I do previews within 48 hours and the full set within 4-6 weeks... that's what the contract says.

Last August my longest wait was 5 weeks but this year I've reduced the number of weddings as it was all a bit busy last summer! My current delivery times are 1-2 weeks. I do all my own editing, some people outsource it.

In your case, I would have expected her to tell you about the delay in advance because I assume she knew she would be on holiday? I don't think the wait is anything unusual, it's more about the inconvenience of being given one deadline and then a later deadline.

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Ours took way longer, but they were worth it! I know its frustrating but don't push too hard, you want them to be perfect :-)

• S
    Beginner June 2015
    Scottish_Sarah ·
    • Hide content

I'm on 8 weeks and still counting - hence no report yet ladies (it's not that I've forgotten or done a forum runner! lol) it is frustrating especially as we wanted to get out Thank you cards but just have to wait.........OH spoke to the TOG who said he is running behind should get them soonish apparently......

• K
    Beginner January 1999
    Kilner ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the replies - it's not so unusual to have to wait then!

Think it's just that she said 4 weeks originally and now has turned into 7 weeks and the fact we have only one photo from her as a preview.

Will put some on here once we have them ?

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

Hellooooo...

Delivery times factor on loads of things, more than many realise.

For starters if the photographer is also holding down another job, has children (think school holidays) or family commitments then this is something to consider and to compact this further they may have lots of weddings to shoot too.

I've shot 11 weddings this month with two more this weekend (Sunday and Monday). So that's one wedding just under every three days. Each wedding takes 5 days in total to shoot and deliver on (based on an 8-10 hour working day).

31 days in August. But 85 days needed to complete on all of them. There's 3 months of work right there yet I burn the midnight oil, photography is my only income stream and I don't have any children (plus no social life throughout summer) to ensure I deliver in 4-6 weeks.

While this doesn't address the OP's specific situation it might go some way to explain things. I try my best to be realistic with my couples but often I end up being later than scheduled because toward the end of August people want to meet me to discuss bookings for next year, a meeting and a round trip to London means I wave goodbye to 5 hours in a day.

We waited 9 weeks for our wedding photos but we were kept in the loop always. I'd much rather them take longer and edit in a considered fashion than rushing them. ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics