Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

katiechops
Beginner June 2013

OM's or brides to be - Is anyone wearing a Juliet Cap Veil? Any veil advice/thoughts on this pic?

katiechops, 21 October, 2012 at 19:08 Posted on Planning 0 12

I have fell in love with these veils but this one in the picture is £350 the flower is an extra £85 so it out of my price range. So i was wondering if anyone has found any any cheaper?

Also OM's when did you take your veil off? I was thinking at the meal but then again I'd like the evening guests to see me in it (after all when do you get to wear a veil!) BUT if I keep it on till the first dance I wont have any 'official' pics of my hair etc?

So any advice or thoughts anyone? Thanks x

12 replies

Latest activity by katiechops, 22 October, 2012 at 18:13
  • Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

I see loads and loads of elderly peoples' wedding photos (I'm a nosey paramedic) and these veils which were common in the 1930s look stunning. However, I'm not sure they would go with too many modern wedding dresses?

• Gurzle
    Beginner April 2013
    Gurzle ·
    • Hide content

I love these veils - they are just beautiful. I think you might do better to get someone to make one for you? Could you take this photograph to a local seamstress? Maybe ask around for some recommendations first and then speak to a couple about costs etc and go from there.

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

I love these too, absolutely gorgeous. I know where you can get a shorter one but not one as long as this off the top of my head. I'll have a search x

• natally
    Beginner August 2014
    natally ·
    • Hide content

Stunning, would consider one but got my heart is set on a flower crown

• katiechops
    Beginner June 2013
    katiechops ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies, I did wonder about having one made but thought that may cost more, I was going to try and find that Pink margaret lady who everyone says is good. Im just worried i wont like it if I cant see it before and then you can hardly say you dont want it ?

My dress is vintage style so I think it will go...........

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

I'd always thought that was a mantilla style veil. You might find more available by typing that in google.

Its worth asking Margaret if she can make this style for you. I got a 2 tier, finger tip length with baroque crystals for about £32 so doubt a single layer with lace would be lots more?

****@*******.*****.**.**

• katiechops
    Beginner June 2013
    katiechops ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for the email address, that saves me a job. Ive never heard of Mantilla style so ill give that a go too. In fact I never knew there was just so many types of veil atall before I started to look! ha xx

• HLT
    Beginner August 2012
    HLT ·
    • Hide content

I love this; so pretty and unique.

I went for a birdcage and I kept it on until after the speeches and cake cutting. I didn't want to take it off and my friends encouraged me to leave it on, so I did!

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Have you checked out crown and glory? Amazing stuff.

• katiechops
    Beginner June 2013
    katiechops ·
    • Hide content

That's so pretty HLT. If I had a short veil I'd prob keep it on, I think a long one may just get stood on though and get in the way after a while. I've not heard of crown and glory I'll check them out. Thanks so much daffodil waves xxx

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

If you email Virginia at http://www.gingermegs-vintage.com/, she can probably help you source one. She is the Lady with the short one but comes across things like this daily x

• katiechops
    Beginner June 2013
    katiechops ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the advise ladies, those on ebay do look similar, maybe thats the difference, the Mantilla may be able to be made into a Juliette cap one though hmmmm

Thanks xxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics