Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner May 2016

OMs - Post Wedding Blues

HappyBlueConfetti257, 6 of June of 2016 at 13:24 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi Everyone,

First of all, I don't think us newlyweds should be called OMs...or Old Married, I'm not old haha! Or is that not what it stands for?

Secondly, Does anyone have any advice for those who have Post Wedding blues? I swore to myself that I wouldn't get down after the wedding, I loved our wedding and I've loved being married so far (omg, a month tomorrow and it's gone so fast!) but sometimes it can't be helped. For Example, There has been quite a few weddings that my facebook friends have either been to or been the Bride themselves recently and while I'm over the moon for them, I can't help but look at their photos and compare or get down that it's not my day today and I can't do it all again.

My solution to this today has been to block myself from facebook and turn notifications off on my phone so that I'm not tempted to scroll idly through many many posts related to weddings and babies! I'm focusing on living my life and being in the real world rather than comparing and feeling down. I feel so much better for it and am getting a lot of work done!

What is your advice for anyone facing the Post Wedding Blues?

Xxx

2 replies

Latest activity by Ash953, 7 of June of 2016 at 12:31
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I know what you mean. I had post wedding blues which I pretty much expected as get post holiday blues and post Christmas blues lol. Plus my wedding was abroad on a holiday! Double whammy! I'm getting n with my life and being married hadn't made any differences for us. I think we spent so long putting so much of our time and effort in to it that we wonder what we did before starting all that planning. Much the same as I did when I did a course that involved a lot of studying for two years. I've booked another Lapland trip for our anniversary and can't wait to go back.

But you haven't finished yet. There are still photos and albums to sort and do I want frames for pictures or canvasses.

It's not the end of the wedding its the beginning of a whole new chapter! X

• P
    Beginner April 2016
    Pooba ·
    • Hide content

Yes, I think OM stands for 'Old Married'. I'm late-20s, but don't mind being called an OM - it means I'm married! Ha ha.

I'm in the same boat as you; got married on 21st April and things have been pretty strange ever since. While I don't think the wedding blues have hit as such - we went to a wedding this weekend and I actually appreciated the amount of work and things that were going on so much better than before, having been through it myself.

Instead, I think my blues have manifested themselves into illness. We went on honeymoon pretty much immediately after the wedding and then 3 days in, I came down with a sickness bug. I was little by mouth for about a week afterwards but since then, my body hasn't quite felt the same! It's only been in the last week or so I've been more myself, so I'm hoping whatever I have is shaking off finally!

I'm focussing my thoughts on my husband(!) and our plans for the rest of the year. We're having our kitchen replaced at the end of the month, his sister is moving house, my birthday is in a few weeks, we're hoping to go on holiday twice later this year... lots of things to look forward to!

Other possible things to improve your mood: the extra money! The spare time! The shiny rings on your finger! Lol.

Hope you're okay xx

• A
    Beginner March 2015
    Ash953 ·
    • Hide content

Have you seen that Friends episode when Monica has post-wedding blues? Watch that! ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics