Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

lc93
Beginner September 2016

OMs/TOGS, please share your photo's of 'uneven' bridal parties!

lc93, 18 of December of 2015 at 13:40 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi all, meant to be working so without going in to too much detail, there's someone I'd like OH to include as a groomsmen. It's an ongoing discussion, and I'd never force him to have anyone he didn't want, but I'm hoping he can view the bigger picture and my point of views. One of the biggest sticking points he has is that we currently have MOH and 2BMS, then Best man and 2 Groomsmen, he thinks if he had another man the pictures etc would look weird as it wouldn't be even? I'm sure there must be ways around it, would just like to show him a couple of photos to show him that it wouldn't look bad.

Alternatively, has anyone got any suggestions of a 'role'/job I could give said friend, if his men are giving out the orders of service, we've asked our brothers to be our witnesses and we've got our readings sorted?

9 replies

Latest activity by Click Clack Photo, 24 of December of 2015 at 22:07
  • Mrslh2b
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrslh2b ·
    • Hide content

I hadn't even thought about the pictures being uneven - it honestly wouldn't have crossed my mind! I've seen it when people alternate though - so what about something like this?

GM1 BM1 GM2 MOH Groom Bride BestM3 BM2 GM3

Or if you have a look on google some people have almost "scattered" rather than in a straight line - might be worth a look?

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

I really don't think it matters. I had one bridesmaid and H had three groomsmen.

There's only one photo where it's all 6 of us anyway.

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

It doesn't matter but a Boy / Girl / Boy / Girl arrangement looks best most times. i.e. the pic above I would of put the bridesmaid on the other side of the groom and it would of looked more balanced.

There's a certain attraction in symmetry but often you don't get it.

• Lui
    Beginner October 2015
    Lui ·
    • Hide content

Heres mine and we didnt think it look odd.

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Totally agree......although, additionally, I err towards the UK position of Bride and Groom rather than the US style.......

Peter

• S
    Beginner June 2015
    Scottish_Sarah ·
    • Hide content

We didn't get a good one of us the whole group but we had 1 more bridesmaid then groomsman it was supposed to be 3/3 but one of the groomsman had to go offshore there didn't really seem to be any difference

• soraneko
    Beginner June 2016
    soraneko ·
    • Hide content

Yup, it shouldn't make a difference - I've told my OH to have whoever he wants. My only 'issues' with him having anyone else is that it means he has more friends there than me (as opposed to family - which he has more of anyway!)

I'm not sure showing him the pics above is going to help, but I hope you work something out you're both happy with Smiley smile

If you already have the current groomsmen handing out OOS... can you not change that if you really want him involved? Give him one of the groomsmen roles and let them keep an eye on your H2B? Smiley winking

• laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content

I can't post as it wasn't my wedding, but I was bridesmaid last year. There are only a few photos of the entire wedding party, but they looked like this:

Best Man - Best Man - Best Man - Groom - Bride - Bridesmaid - Bridesman

So no symmetry, no boy-girl-boy order or anything. But I think the photos turned out great, and haven't heard any comments from anyone on it looking strange Smiley smile

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

I prefer the natural look rather than everything being staged anyway so not bothered about things being ''symmetrical''.

• Click Clack Photo
    Click Clack Photo ·
    • Hide content

It makes absolutely no difference if the boys outnumber the girls, or if the girls outnumber the boys! The most important thing is to be open to creativity and cool ideas - that's what gets remembered.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics