Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

RuthG
Beginner July 2004

On a normal driving licence, what is the largest size vehicle I can drive?

RuthG, 26 of March of 2009 at 18:26 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 5

I think I'm right in thinking anything up to 3500kg, but i don't know what size van that equates to, any ideas?

5 replies

Latest activity by Cooper, 29 of September of 2022 at 10:27
  • K
    Beginner May 2007
    Kegsey ·
    • Hide content

I can't help with what size van that is but how big a van depends on your licence. They have changed the rules at least once on what size van you can drive on a standard licence so someone passing their test now can't drive vans as big as, say me as I passed my test *cough* 20-something years ago. So check your licence!

• S
    Beginner October 2005
    SAM83 ·
    • Hide content

On a standard car licence, if you passed your test before 01.01.97 you can drive up to 7.5 tonnes. If you passed after that date you can only drive up to 3.5 tonnes. (Used to work for DVLA).

HTH

• wodger_woo
    Beginner March 2007
    wodger_woo ·
    • Hide content

If you passed your test after 1997 it is 3500kg gross. In term of van size I can legally drive my Renault master horse box with 2 horses on. My horsebox is like this one on the left, but all of these are 3500.

• wodger_woo
    Beginner March 2007
    wodger_woo ·
    • Hide content

Gah where's my piccy?

Here is a link to the horsebox picture http://www.thehorseboxman.co.uk/horsePage.php?39

• RuthG
    Beginner July 2004
    RuthG ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all!

WW, thats fab!

• C
    New South Wales
    Cooper ·
    • Hide content

The answer to that question depends on your driving instructor. If you have a good relationship with your instructor, then it's probably best to keep going. If not, then I'd suggest speaking with them and seeing what they think would be best for you and get help at https://spacecoastdaily.com/2022/03/top-3-genius-essay-writing-services-for-students/ to manage your academic queries easily. You should schedule your lessons around the things that are important to you, like work or school, so that you can learn at a time that is convenient for you.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics