Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Georgia
Beginner May 2024 North Yorkshire

On the day items

Georgia, 17 of March of 2024 at 09:30 Posted on Planning 0 3
We’re getting married in May & I’m finalising things we need. Just can’t really think of things we might need on the day of the wedding for guests?! I’ve got a guestbook, confetti, favours sorted. Our venue is dressing the room for us anyway so I don’t need to buy anything for that. But is there anything else that people do?! It feels like I’m forgetting something, but I’m not sure if I’m just overthinking!

3 replies

Latest activity by Hampshire Wedding Photographer, 22 of March of 2024 at 11:16
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Placecards/seating plan? Orders of service if you're having them?

• T
    Savvy May 2024 Buckinghamshire
    T S ·
    • Hide content
    Ok I’m not sure if this is helpful but here’s my packing list too:
    Backup seating plan / table plan in case the venue lose it
    Handheld steamer for dressesWhite sock to cover the steamer (so it doesn’t spit!) Eyelash glue to fix necklaces in placeSmall sewing kit in case of disaster (including safety pins)Snacks for the bridal getting ready roomJewellery and other small bits Contact lenses and spares! Any bridal gifts (for bridesmaids/groom)
  • Hampshire Wedding Photographer
    Hampshire
    Hampshire Wedding Photographer ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! It sounds like you have many of the essential elements covered. However, weddings are full of details, and it's natural to feel like you might be overlooking something.

Here are some things you might need for your guests to enhance their experience:

- Accommodation Information: Make sure your guests have information on recommended hotels or places to stay, if they are travelling.

- Signage: Clear, visible signs can help guests know where to go for the ceremony, reception, restrooms, and any other important locations. Especially helpful if getting married somewhere remote.

- Activity Packs for Children: If children are attending, consider providing activity packs or a dedicated area for them to play and be entertained during the reception.

- Guest Refreshments: In addition to the main reception meal and drinks, consider having welcome drinks upon arrival or a hydration station with water and non-alcoholic beverages, especially if you're having an outdoor ceremony or in a hot climate.

- Late-Night Snacks - After hours of dancing and celebrating, your guests might appreciate a late-night snack. Think of something simple and easy to eat, like pizza, or even a food truck.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics