Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner August 2012

One diamond in engagement ring darker than others...?

Larkie08, 27 January, 2012 at 19:12 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi,

After all your help on a previous thread I took my engagement ring to H Samuel to be re-sized. After 2 weeks without it I went and picked it up today. The size is perfect but after getting home i have noticed that one of the diamonds in the band looks darker than all the others. It definitely wasn't before and I have been wearing it for 3 months before getting it re-sized. Any ideas as to what might have caused this and whether it is fixable? I'm really worried about it now!

Thanks x

5 replies

Latest activity by Larkie08, 28 January, 2012 at 15:52
  • D
    Beginner May 2012
    dlees81 ·
    • Hide content

I didn't read your other thread but I know when I had to get my engagement resized, because it was quite a big change they gave me a whole new ring with a different diamond in it- so this may have happened with yours. It wasn't quite as pretty but I didn't really mind. I think if I had a number of stones in it and one was noticeably different, particularly if it was not the central stone, I would take it back to the store and query it.

• Sparkly Bride
    Beginner August 2012
    Sparkly Bride ·
    • Hide content

Yes I would take it back and question it. If you dont it will play on your mind all the time and the longer you leave it the less likely they are to sort it out. Just explain to them it wasn;t like that before and i'm sure they will sort it out for you Smiley smile

• Sunshine42
    Beginner February 2014
    Sunshine42 ·
    • Hide content

Ooh... my ring is with Beaverbrooks right now being re-sized and now I'm worried! It's going down 3 sizes (wanted 2, but the assistant insisted it would spin on my finger otherwise).

I hope I don't get a different ring back... its really special and I miss it!!!

• xtlcx
    Beginner May 2012
    xtlcx ·
    • Hide content

I would take it back and ask them to have a look at it.

I need my ring resizing I've got a certificate for the diamond in mine so I really don't want another stone in its place.

• A
    Beginner June 2011
    Anne! ·
    • Hide content

I've assumed the diamond didn't look darker before, in which case it could be some dirt between the diamond and the setting which is making it look darker, the jeweller should be able to clean it out.

HTH

• L
    Beginner August 2012
    Larkie08 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all the replies, we've taken my ring back to the jeweller today and they are sending it back to the company that re-sized it to have a look. The girls in the shop weren't sure what was causing it so I am really hoping it is just a bit of dirt in there. It is definitely my ring as my H2B bought it in New York and some of the features are quite unique. It is not the centre stone but one of the small channel set diamonds on the band itself. We're not sure how dirt could have gotten in there as they were only re-sizing and wouldn't have needed to move or take out any of the stones. Fingers crossed they can sort it out!!

Now I've just got to wait til 10th Feb to get it back :o(

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics