Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

mummytofour
Beginner June 2011

One for the ladies *Tmi* alert!! (womens things)

mummytofour, 22 April, 2011 at 08:27 Posted on Planning 0 15

Hiya girls!

sorry for such a tmi post! but i am very peed off! of course we dont want to be on our period on our wedding day!! lol! But my period has decided to go from the 1st of the month to the 11th of the month (We get married the 11th of june!) i missed a week for some reason! maybe because i had a baby 8 months ago my body is still doing strange things?? but i am not happy!! my period is very very bad every month!

My mum said i can go to the doctors to have a chat & he should be able to give me a pill that stops it? shes been before as shes been going on holiday & he gave her it due to that reason?

sorry if it sounds stupid but its really annoyed me! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

x

15 replies

Latest activity by kerrylou89, 24 April, 2011 at 08:45
  • Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

I've heard the same thing, but I cannot for the life of me remember the name of that pill! Such a thing DOES exist though.

• happy_feet
    Beginner
    happy_feet ·
    • Hide content

The normal contraceptive pill can help you control your period, I've been moving mine forward a day each month for a while so I am not on during my honeymoon! Speak to the dr, he will have the best information for you

• mummytofour
    Beginner June 2011
    mummytofour ·
    • Hide content

Isn't it a pain!! i will book an appt not sure when tho? gosh men dont have any worries do they ?

• Bittersweet
    Beginner June 2012
    Bittersweet ·
    • Hide content

Oh no! ☹️

But your Mum is right, there is many different pills that you can take to stop it. 'Norethisterone' being one of them. I'm sure your doctor can help prescribe you something.

• M and M
    Rockstar August 2025 West Midlands
    M and M ·
    • Hide content

Im excatly the same and ive had Norethisterone, you have to start taking it about 2 weeks before ur due on and carry on till ur ready for period to arrive! It works anyway! x

• Mynnie the Moocher
    Beginner May 2011
    Mynnie the Moocher ·
    • Hide content

I had exactly the same problem and was considering Norethisterone but mine has magically moved itself from the 2nd of the month to the 18th.....which gives me enough time to enjoy most of the holiday too.?

Quite amazed that my body has decided to help me out for once in it's life......although it may well have something to do with the slimming world diet I was doing back at the start of the year........I didn't lose a single lb, but it stopped my period for about 2.5 weeks!!!! It's a trade off I was happy to make!?

• Strippy2011
    Beginner June 2011
    Strippy2011 ·
    • Hide content

Depending on if you want anymore children in the next 3 years suggest the implant? That's stopped mine for the past 2 years (its what its meant to do apparently) So that might be an option. Im getting mine taken out just after the wedding though so prob have a horrid honeymoon going to have to take LOADS of painkillers with me I think lol x

• FutureMrsWilson
    Beginner January 2010
    FutureMrsWilson ·
    • Hide content

I take a mini pill called 'Cerazette' and haven't had a proper period for about 6 years. Just the odd day of spotting if I've forgotten to religiously take it.

• 1234ABC
    Beginner
    1234ABC ·
    • Hide content

I used to use Microestrogen 21 days. You start taking it on the first day of your period, taking one pill every day for 21 days and your period starts i think 3 days after you take the last pill. It's safe enough to run 3 packs back to back. Although if your planning to try for children, it can upset your system for that as the pill is designed to stop you producing eggs (and makes your period lighter)

I haven't worked out if i'm going to have a problem with mine yet. So far i think i'm going to be ok, so long as it doesn't decide to move forward any.

• 1234ABC
    Beginner
    1234ABC ·
    • Hide content

That's good to know Starstruck. thank you! xx

• mummytofour
    Beginner June 2011
    mummytofour ·
    • Hide content

Hiya ladies,thanks so much for that.x

• mummytofour
    Beginner June 2011
    mummytofour ·
    • Hide content

Hiya ladies,thanks so much for that.x

• K
    Beginner June 2011
    kat73 ·
    • Hide content

So glad some one asked this question i was wondering the exactly same thing ! my period is due on my wedding day grrr! so that means i would not only b on for my wedding day but for the whole of my honeymoon too so think i will go to see my gp only thing is we r trying for a baby so hopefully if i can take some pills temporarily it wont cause a problem

• kerrylou89
    Beginner August 2011
    kerrylou89 ·
    • Hide content

I think i best be doing some working outs on my calander haha Smiley laugh although if it does become a problem thanks for the advice Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics