Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner August 2024 Nottinghamshire

One photographer or two?

Amy, 2 of July of 2022 at 09:24 Posted on Planning 0 4
Hi all, can I ask for your thoughts on having one photographer for the day or two?

The main reason I'd like two is to capture mine and by partners reaction when walking down the aisle. I feel one would capture both the getting ready part as both in same building just seperate rooms and he knows it won't take him long to get ready so he will wait closer to the time.
There's about a £500 difference on having a second photographer but just wanted to weigh up the pros and cons by asking for opinions! Thank you! X

4 replies

Latest activity by PhotographybyBillHaddon, 2 of July of 2022 at 23:30
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

There was a discussion about the same thing here a couple of weeks ago https://forums.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/thread/wedding-photographers-1079620/

As you are both getting ready at the same venue its easy to get shots of both of you getting ready - I do it all the time as you are doing different things that need shots at different times.

If you are having a civil ceremony - non church then both faces can be got from the table where the registrar stands. Having a shooter at each end could result in each of them getting the other in the shot. But if they work together all the time then they may have a system - but that's the issue because second shooters can be hired by the main shooter almost as and when and may not of worked together, there are groups dedicated to just that. Some second shooters in that category are doing it to build up their own experience and one day themselves be the main shooter, nothing wrong with that but in some cases a second shooter may not be the photographer you think they are.

• Georgia
    Curious September 2025 Warwickshire
    Georgia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’ve looked into getting 2 I’ve also asked my friend that’s a photograph (not weddings)
    She said that if they haven’t worked together before then there maybe some problems on the big day. There are wedding photographers that have 2 people all the time. I’m thinking about going for that as on the big day I don’t want to worry about it.
    Hope this helps and good luck x
  • K
    Beginner May 2023 Bedfordshire
    Kayleigh-Ann ·
    • Hide content

We have booked two photographers however they are a husband and wife team who only work as a team therefore are like a well oiled machine, we actually met them at another wedding we attended years ago but was super excited to book them as our own photographers!

i think as others have said above, if they don't work together it could be messy. I have even see it where photographers and videographers get in each others way because they don't work together!

Ask your photographer if they have a second photographer they work with regularly as this is something we did find with another photographer we enquired with who did work out cheaper than the ones we booked but in the end we decided the original photographers we fell in love with were worth the price! These photos will be the biggest reminder to hold onto in the many years to come of the day we say i do!

• PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

"i think as others have said above, if they don't work together it could be messy. I have even see it where photographers and videographers get in each others way because they don't work together!"

Its just that they are both trying to basically get the same shots which is not usually a problem if both of them are experienced professionals because they will then have an awareness of what the other is going to need. But not everyone shooting a wedding is an experienced professional And as I posted in the other thread if they get in my shot then I just edit them out like this

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics