Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria

One year countdown begins!! 👰🏻‍♀️🤵🏼

Shay, 20 of July of 2023 at 20:22 Posted on Planning 1 5
Anybody one year to go?!!!

What else do you still have to do?

I’ve had a proper look at our “to do” list and we have……
Legal stuffBridesmaid dresses (November)Groom and best men suits (Feb/Mar) One more music piece (or we will plug in music)Decor (don’t need much) InvitesTransport for guests Honeymoon Flowers for bridal party CakeCanapés (will add onto the caterer we have now)Wedding rings (December)Hotel to stay night before (sorting now)
I am very happy with the list! ❤️
All the hen and stag parties are in the capable hands of our bridal and groomsmen parties and are underway.

5 replies

Latest activity by Shay, 8 of August of 2023 at 22:39
  • S
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    Oooops! Not sure why it has posted that way.
  • S
    Dedicated July 2024 West Midlands
    SL WaltonJones ·
    • Hide content
    I'm July 2024 too! I feel better after seeing your post. Still to do I have:
    1) Book band and DJ (this is urgent but finding it hard, lots of people are booked)
    2) Wedding fayre at NEC in Bham (Sept)3) Ask flowergirls and page boys (Nov)4) Start dress shopping (Dec)In the early new year I'll do the following:*Order cake*Dress shopping*Ask Groomsmen*Suit shopping*Invites*Wedding Rings
    Hen/Stag dos will probably be in May. We aren't thinking of honeymoon until after the wedding! We will need some time to save.
  • S
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hello! Do not panic. There is still time. Your wedding fayre will also really help you out if you haven’t found one by then. Also look further away from your home town. Sometimes it pays to look further away, it doesn’t necessarily mean more expensive. You seem very organized. Good for you. Since my post I have found a cottage for the night before the wedding. Well actually 4 nights. Our last piece of music. My hen will be May and sorting in a weeks time and my partners is in March. I would suggest depending on how you are buying your dress to call some shops and see what their turn around time is. Mines is being made from scratch as I didn’t want the sample (it was very holed) and it was an 8 month turn around. So I bought it in May and will come January. Don’t panic though. You’re still a good turn around time but just depends on the designer and would maybe be good to know if there’s one you really want to try on.
  • S
    Dedicated July 2024 West Midlands
    SL WaltonJones ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aw thanks so much Shay 🥰. Your plans sound great. Have your bridesmaids and groomsmen planned your hen/Stag dos? Is it all a surprise?

I am super flexible about my dress and I love lots of styles so I'm going in totally open minded and hoping to get something off rack. The money I'll hopefully save will go to the bar and entertainment in the evening. That's a personal choice for us a couple but I totally get other brides getting a gorgeous more pricey dress.
  • S
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hello! I’m so sorry I’ve only just seen this! My partners stag is currently being planned. Since lockdown I have started to get very anxious about going places without my partner so I know where we will be going but I don’t know what we are doing so it’s all very exciting! Do you know anything about yours? Is it all planned? 😬😬 That is the way to be about your dress. I was very open minded aswell and walked away with the most amazing dress. There’s nothing wrong with off the rack, but my one was very holed that I tried on and there was only a £500 difference from my rack to made for me so we went with that one. My friend just got a £90 from asos and WOW!!! It was amazing! I personally didn’t think you could do it that way without lacking in something somewhere but you clearly can. It’s amazing and looks like it’s from a bridal shop. It’s great how we prioritize where we spend the money? We aren’t going mad on decor as it means probably cutting the guest list, so our venue is beautiful as is so why over do it. Good luck with it all. If I can help with anything let me know! It’s all such an amazing time! enjoy it all. ❤️

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics