Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner April 2024 Cambridgeshire

Only 10% rsvp 2 week to deadline

Alex, 11 of November of 2023 at 22:49 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 1 7
We sent out our invites 6 weeks ago and gave a deadline which is in 2 weeks time but so far we only had 10% reply.

We thought we would get some nos quickly and were planning to send out invite to our B list as soon as we got these but only had 1 lot of no and 2 maybes.
We have spoken to parents and siblings who argue they don't need to reply and refuse to send a email to our wedding email so that takes us up to 20%
The other 80% we don't know if they are coming or if we even have the correct address for them.
When do we chase after the deadline and would it be tacky to cover up the deadline date on our invites to anyone off our B list that we will invite after this date as it going to be expensive getting a new date printed on them.

7 replies

Latest activity by Alex, 1 of December of 2023 at 20:32
  • L
    Rockstar July 2023 Greater Manchester
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    It sounds like you sent postal invites, are you sure they have all been received? Also, was it clear how they should RSVP? 10-20% seems low after 6 weeks, had you sent Save the Dates before this so people knew what date & where it was going to be, also did the invite contain all the info they needed such as how to book accommodation, whether it was all in one place or do you plan to follow up with more info later?

If you haven’t already, I’d say you’re completely fine to start reminding people. We did ours all electronically. We gave people 8 weeks to RSVP, and then sent a reminder at 4 weeks & then at 1 week to go to those who hadn’t RSVP’d.
  • Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content

Hi.

Seems like you sent out your invites quite early for wedding in April 2024. I sent Save the Dates about 9 months before and invites about 4 months before the wedding which I understand is already quite early.

I ended texting people to remind them so that I would get definite replies.

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I think part of the problem may be that you have sent the invites out too early - people may be genuinely unable to say if they can come or not at this stage, especially if they need to book time off work to travel. You need to give people more time to respond.

• A
    Alex ·
    • Hide content
    It was all postal as we didn't have email addresses and the save the dates were sent out back in June time as we had 6 months of people chasing for a save the date.

We had an another reply today saying they didn't know they had to officially reply until another family member told them it was the polite thing to do.

• A
    Dedicated March 2024 Essex
    Alison ·
    • Hide content
    My RSPV Deadline for my March wedding is one month today and the invitations went out a month ago. Replies have so far been few and bar between - it’s a bit depressing but I’m hoping for a late surge.

It’s a tricky time with Xmas in the way tbh which is why we set the deadline before. We are meeting with the venue early January to discuss plans so need numbers by then
    Karma ·
    • Hide content

Ive given 4 weeks on my invitations for RSVP. im being pretty brutal and if they dont RSVP via the website on time then im giving the space to someone else. Ive got 150 people attending the ceremony and reception so ive been quite strict with RSVP dates.

I wouldn't send the B List invitations with the date blanked out, It would seems a little obvious they were not first option...

I made my own invitation with my home inkjet printer and some fancy card off amazon.... everyone thinks ive had them professionally made. You could probably print your own B list invitations fairly cost effectively

• A
    Alex ·
    • Hide content
    Well it now deadline day and we are on 65% replies and 100% replies from my side as the one person I was waiting on my parents forgot to tell me has died which is horrible way to find out.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics