Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katrina
Dedicated February 2025 West Midlands

Only 6 months until i say i do :)

Katrina, 12 of August of 2024 at 20:28 Posted on Planning 3 26
We got engaged 💍 in December 2023. I can't believe half a year has gone by already. We now have another half a year to go. What things should I be thinking about? I am quite an organised person and think I have most bits pretty much sorted out. Any hints or tips from wife's who are already wed or brides Smiley smile thanks so much!♡

26 replies

Latest activity by Trisha, 23 of August of 2024 at 04:59
  • S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    Aisle song! I walked down to memories by maroon5 on the piano! I listened to it on YouTube and cried everytime. I needed to know it felt right walking down to that, I knew I would but I wanted to feel it. Keep notes of payments and what’s left with dates. Not everyone contacted me on the due date I had to message them! And as I’ve said before, I didnt think about the weather until the week of and it stressed me a little. It rained and I couldn’t have been happier!!! Don’t worry about the things you can’t control! ❤️
  • Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Shay Smiley smile.
    We are having a traditional ceremony not a enhanced ceremony. So I think we will just have the traditional here comes the bride music 🎶 I don't mind it Smiley smile. I will have a think about it as I think I can have any song as long as its not religious.

We are going to have a blessing with our church at a later date. We are getting married in winter everything is indoors. Definitely been keeping a spreadsheet of what we have to pay etc. You have shared some good tips Smiley smile will definitely reach out to suppliers and pay them when it's due. Some might get payment a little early than expected let's see! ♡
  • Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ah Maroon 5 Memories I just listened to a snippet of it heard it before. Quite an emotional song :'/.
  • S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wonderful! You can’t beat the traditional here comes the bride. It all sounds so lovely. Oh another thing we done, we have a monzo account so we had savings and then little pots. So we paid a deposit for say a photographer, £1000 deposit, we knew we had another £1500 to pay (for example, I can’t remember how much) so we took the £1500 out of the savings and into a “spoken for” pot so we knew what we had left from our actual savings. I hope that made sense. It is, it was a nod to my Dad. ❤️
  • Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content

Prepare an emergency kit. You can google to see what is useful. Paracetamol came in handy as my husband got a headache during the wedding breakfast.

Make sure you spend some time wearing your shoes a few weeks before the wedding to make sure that they are comfortable on the day. I also took a pair of trainers with me to change into for dancing because I knew I'd be doing a lot of dancing.

Practice a couple of moves for your first dance if that's your thing. You can find simple tutorials on YouTube.

Prepare list of photos you want taken. We were a little disappointed with ours. I wrote down a list of all the different group photos but the photographer missed some and then didn't make the most of the surroundings and backdrop to our wedding venue for the 'couple' photos.

Finally, enjoy the day when it arrives. Don't sweat the small stuff. I had the best day of my life and was on cloud 9 for days afterwards. :-)

• Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much for your comment and advice Smiley smile I have taken note definitely will be preparing a kit. In terms of my shoes I got myself some flats shoes not a heel girly. I will bring two pairs with me still need to wear my new flats though to bed term in. Definitely will talk with the photographer about what type of photos we want Smiley smile we are due to have a video meeting closer to the time. He will also be recording our wedding too Smiley smile so that's exciting!!

Congratulations on your wedding when did you get wed?=) I am very much looking forward to it. I think we have all of our suppliers now just added a steel band!
  • Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Just saw some of your wedding photos 📸 you looked beautiful looks like you & your guests had alot of fun. The venue looked unique too!
  • Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you, Katrina. We got married July 2024. Long wait for both my husband a confirmed bachelor and me a spinster for want of a better word. :-) It really was the best day of my life. Just don't stress about the details and enjoy the day.

• Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Everything has its timingSmiley smile we trust in God. Super excited Smiley smile
  • Victoria
    Savvy September 2025 Hertfordshire
    Victoria ·
    • Hide content
    Hi!!! Congratulations!!! So exciting!!! We got engaged in November 2023 so very close too!!! Maybe it’s time to sit and plan? Date, guest list, budget? Or if you are well advanced, begin to tie down things? See dresses or get The Dress, etc.
    I have planed already almost everything with plenty DIY but someone recommended to have a Day of the Wedding Coordinator, and I think I want it very much. Fiancé asks if the Toastmaster wasn’t supposed to do that 🙈. Any thoughts?
  • Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey Victoria,
    Our venue includes a wedding coordinator on the day. We need to meet up with them soon a few months before. We will be going through our timings ") I cant wait to see the plan of the wedding & how it will all flow.

They will be contacting our suppliers I don't plan on having my phone on me. I want to be present in the moment maybe after our wedding day has finished.
    We just have to confirm times with them. Then they will go through the wedding coordinator.
    A toastmasters is there to coordinator as well I believe like a MC. Look into the pro and cons of both and see what you would prefer. Maybe your venue includes one?x
  • Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi!!! Thank you so much!!! My venue has a coordinator too, but I read in magazines that the venue people only sees for the venue stuff and their policies, they won’t coordinate the other vendors. That why I was thinking it would be awesome to have my own person being “me” while I’m the “Bride” 🤣 if it makes any sense 🙈. I’m not very clear in the scoop of the Toastmaster duties, although I have to confess that the gentleman we choose is wonderful, made me feel like he came straight out of Downtown Abbey. He has the same authority and classy style that Mr. Carson has. I know he’ll coordinate many things and will check that everything is ready and up to our plans. But there are little details that only a wedding coordinator would keep an eye on. So I’m seriously thinking about having one.
  • Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    When I go to meet with coordinator I will ask a few questions Smiley smile. Glad you have already found someone sounds great for you both. Do you have alot of people attending? We only have 35 guests up to 40 in the evening nice and small close family only. Definitely ask your questions and express your concerns maybe you could have both?=)
  • Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You still have time to plan things out Smiley smile.
  • Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes ask all the questions you can. I love your guest count! That was my ideal plan and that’s how I began to plan. Hence we hired the Toastmaster early on. But as with everything, the wedding has evolved and now we have an 78 people list 🙈. So my initial plans are requiring an adjustment.
  • Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thats a good amount Smiley smile hope you stick with it now if its what u want.
    We got another form of entertainment recently too we thought something was missing. Smiley smile I think we are sorted now. Looking forward to seeing how it all comes together.
  • Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The main thing is that we will getting married to our Fiances. I's the half an hour of the wedding that is most important Smiley smile union coming together!♡
  • Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes!!!! Your are absolutely right ❤️
  • Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What you got? 🙈 I’m curious 🙊
  • Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Not even revealed it to family that are coming lol it's a surprise lol.
  • Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awwww nooooooo 🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You really do not need an extra co-ordinator if you are having a toastmaster and without a toastmaster the venues co-ordinator is all you need, they are on hand and should be there for you for anything.

As for organising suppliers then they will do that themselves espicually if you hire ones that know the venue - and in return each other. After everything is set up ( some co ordinators will do this for you ) all that will be there for the rest of the day is the photographer who is the co ordinator for that time after the ceremony and before the meal who will be talking to the venues co ordinator about timings as they go.

• Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! You give lots to think about!!!!
    • Hide content

Magazines are very good at suggesting things that advertisers then pay to advertise in their pages. They are also good at suggesting a very high price is absolutely needed to pay for x y and z - who also pay to advertise in their pages. Smiley sexy

• Hide content

How magazines usually work is they will run a feature on - lets say on-the-day- organisers and then they will contact on the day co organisers and ask them if they want to advertise in the magazine in and around that feature.

• Trisha
    Beginner May 2022 Maryland
    Trisha ·
    • Hide content

Dr Kumola have brought my lost love back after my lover left me for another person and I was unable to bear it but I saw a comment about this man and sure I contacted him and he helped me within days. He does other work and deliver great results you can contact him on email **.****************@*******.*** and sure you will thank me.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics