Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

(Claire)
Beginner July 2011

OOS

(Claire), 5 May, 2011 at 10:54 Posted on Planning 0 2

Are any of you having your OOS printed off by the church and if so how much input are you having? My vicar has offered to do ours it comes with the price apparently. How much control does this then leave you with? I’ve obviously chosen the hymns and readings, but things such as type face, the size of the font, things in bold or italics etc I would like to have a say in. I would also like on the back of the OOS the names of the bridal party i.e Best Man and their name. I could easily e mail my vicar and ask but I wondered if any of you had any experience in having your OOS designed and printed through the church?

2 replies

Latest activity by Kooks, 5 May, 2011 at 11:32
  • ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

Like you, we want a full say in how our 'order of the day' looks, so the best way to make sure it's done how you want it is to do it yourself. I'm perfectly proficient in Photoshop and Publisher, and have access to a good quality colour printer at work so it seemed a no-brainer to pay someone to do it for me - particularly as we're well organised and have plenty of time.

In fact, with over 4 months to go, I've sent the first draft off to the registrars yesterday so they can make sure that everything is within their guidelines, and will be printing them off a few weeks before the big day when hopefully nothing will change.

• Kooks
    Beginner September 2011
    Kooks ·
    • Hide content

I'm planning on doing ours myself - I want to be happy with the layout, fonts etc and can't see the church letting me mess around with this too much

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics