Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Open University

24 April, 2013 at 10:55 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 7

I am thinking about doing an Open University course, has anyone else done this? Did you finish it before you were suppose to etc?

7 replies

Latest activity by Aardvark, 25 April, 2013 at 08:54
  • Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

I did a short course with them back in 2010. I really enjoyed it, l thought the content of the course was good and they seemed very organised. All of my course materials were sent to me including a DVD for the course and a reading list.

• T
    Beginner May 2014
    tictac.fairy ·
    • Hide content

I'm doing an Open University Degree in English Literature at the moment and I really enjoy it.

It is a lot of work though, I'm trying to get my degree done in four years instead of six and it definitely eats up a lot of my time.

What course are you thinking of doing?

• BlossomJ
    Beginner July 2014
    BlossomJ ·
    • Hide content

My OH is doing the Design and Innovation degree atm and will have done 90 credits by the end of this year, so 5 years instead of 6!

• *Teabag*
    Beginner June 2013
    *Teabag* ·
    • Hide content

I started a psychology degree a few years ago with the OU but I dropped out mid-way through my 4th course. I really enjoyed it but my time management was appalling so I didn't give it the attention I should have done :-(

Since then I have moved jobs and I have more time on my hands so I am thinking of picking it up again. For me, the fact that they are flexible is a massive plus point as they guarantee that their courses will be available for 10 years.

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

I did a course. I would recommend it but you do have to have discipline. It got to a point where instead of doing so many hours a night, I'd leave it till Sunday and cram it all in. I still did ok but lost focus and made it harder for myself. I was like that at school though tbh!

• Aardvark
    Beginner January 2012
    Aardvark ·
    • Hide content

My cousin is doing the criminology degree. She loves it, says the course is really interesting. You have to make sure you keep enough time spare for it. She only works 4 days a week, does OU for 1.5-2 days and has one day free. Not sure how long it will take her though?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics