Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Beginner September 2017

'Open when' letters/gifts for the wedding day - ideas?

PinkGems254, 18 of August of 2017 at 12:05 Posted on Planning 1 7

Hi,

Our wedding day is just a few weeks away and I am trying to pull together a gift box for my OH.

I really like the idea of 'Open When' letters/gifts that he can open at various points during the morning of the wedding.

So far I have thought of the following:

• 'Open when you first get up' - this will be a pack of antihistamines because he always forgets to take one unless I remind him
  • 'Open when you're feeling stressed' - this will be a small amount of bubble wrap (just a bit of a joke gift)
  • 'Open when you need 5 minutes alone' - this will be his favourite chocolate bar
  • 'Open when you're feeling sad about missing the game' - his football team have a match on the day of the wedding which he obviously can no longer go to so I have got a congratulations card signed by the manager and all the players
  • ' Open just before you're ready to leave' - this will be a letter I've wrote basically saying I can't wait to marry him

After that I'm struggling for ideas - any thoughts or ideas would be really welcome!

Thanks

7 replies

Latest activity by PinkGems254, 24 of August of 2017 at 10:04
  • A
    Beginner March 2015
    Ash953 ·
    • Hide content

Sounds good.

You could get a six pack of beer (or whatever) to open when his groomsmen arrive?

• S
    Beginner September 2017
    SomethingBlue11 ·
    • Hide content

That sounds really thoughtful, well done! What you have sounds like enough in my opinion, but then im rubbish at things like this.

• FutureMrsO'L
    Beginner April 2018
    FutureMrsO'L ·
    • Hide content

Awhhh this is the cutest idea! I absolutely love it Smiley smile

• P
    Beginner September 2017
    PinkGems254 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you! I was just trying to think of something a bit different to the usual gifts on the day but not things that would cost a fortune!!

Glad people think its a good idea - hopefully he'll like it on the day as well! ?

• S
    Beginner March 2018
    Sandra-Dee ·
    • Hide content

Hello,

I love the idea and might steal it if you don't mind!

In exchange I here some ideas :-)

"Open when you can't wait to see me" - either put a picture of a detail of your dress, shoes etc. in. Not sure how traditional you are with the groom not being allowed to see the bride. Or alternatively put a nice picture of yourself in.

"Open when you think of getting cold feet" - Put a pair of socks in (Obviously you don't want to encourage him. My h2b would find it funny but everyone is different).

"Open when your best man lost the rings" - 2 Haribo rings should do :-)

Hope this helps,

Sandra

• The Little Jewellery Box
    The Little Jewellery Box ·
    • Hide content

Love this idea!

Maybe a photo of the two of you, from a special moment/place.

• P
    Beginner September 2017
    PinkGems254 ·
    • Hide content

Oh....I didn't think of adding a photo - that's a good idea. Thanks

• P
    Beginner September 2017
    PinkGems254 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Feel free to steal away!

I love the idea of the Haribo rings - my brother is looking after the rings so is bound to misplace them on the morning of the wedding!!

Thanks!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics