Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner July 2016

Operation Wedding Body Starts Today!

SallyADenton, 8 of September of 2014 at 16:14 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 4

Hey Ladies, its a bit long sorry!

I am starting Operation Wedding Body today. Its daunting as over the last 2 years I have put on 4 STONE!!! I am gutted, I got comfortable and lazy and made excuses. But I am on the right track now. I have just come back from a week holiday in turkey (where I felt like a great big fat turkey!) we went to check out the hotel we have chosen to get married at in 2016 (Paloma Pasha Resort Izmir Turkey - I highly recommend this hotel its fab!). Its definitely given me the boost I needed to stop making all the excuses, also my fiancé has ramped up his gym and diet regime so we are doing it together.

I am going to the gym 4-5 times per week with friends and fiancé (on different days!) and swimming with my sister one day a week. I am a busy mum of 2 but I am roping my children in to this as well! We enjoyed our (all inclusive aahhhh!) holiday but I have told them that now its healthy eating and no more rubbish! This understandably didn't go down too well with them, so I have let them off on their birthdays and they are happy with that deal! I am booking my first wedding dress appointment soon for around next march and I want to have lost 3 stone by then. I just have to remember that I've done it before so I can do it again...although the older I get the harder it is haha...but that's just another excuse.

Ive tried the faddy diets and weight loss groups and I don't get on with them long term - Dukan, Juice, WW etc and really the best way to keep it going is eat healthily, exercise - find something you really enjoy so it doesn't feel like a chore! - reduce meal sizes - this has been a big problem for me, my fiancé does most of the cooking and he serves us up the same size meal and pig that I am I was scoffing the lot! Also treat yourself once in a while then you wont lose heart. I used to have one treat day a week when I was slim but now I am going to treat my self to one treat on one day every 2 weeks. I don't really drink so that helps with keeping weight off, but I might treat myself to a glass of bubbly once a fortnight instead of a bar of chocolate or packet of crisps!

Good Luck to all you ladies who want to look amazing on their wedding day and are working hard to achieve their goals! I will blog my Operation Wedding Body keep me posted on yours!!

4 replies

Latest activity by fitwed, 15 of October of 2014 at 17:03
  • Tams90
    Beginner July 2016
    Tams90 ·
    • Hide content

Good luck to you, hope it all goes well Smiley smile

I am in the same position. I've put on about 5 stone over the past 3 years (also extremely gutted) and need to get it all off. I've lost half a stone already, that's down to same as you, healthy eating and abit of exercise so hopefully we can do this Smiley smile

• F
    Beginner April 2014
    fitwed ·
    • Hide content

Hi there Sally, what is your ideal outcome?

What size, weight are you looking to work towards?

Let me know and i will give you some pointers :-)

Kind Regards

Jonny

• D
    Beginner August 2016
    D2016 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I'm in the same boat I've piled the weight on since meeting my fiance and put on about 3 stone! I'm aiming to get down to a size 10 for my wedding day in 2016 by healthy eating and starting to run again after a long break! I've done it before so I know I can do it it's just getting in to a routine for me. I'm going on holiday next week (all inclusive for a week!!!) so my paln is to get right on track as soon as I get back. I'd like to try and get a stone off for christmas and then just keep going until its all off, I want to look the best I possibly can on my wedding dress!

Good luck ladies! xx

• F
    Beginner April 2014
    fitwed ·
    • Hide content

Hi D2016!

You have plenty of time to get yourself looking and feeling amazing! And because the timescale is quite long time I would definitely advise you to start with little habits change every week, after you will get back off holiday. Just to advise on your success Weight Loss = Nutrition (80%) and Resistance Training (20%- to give you toned look: arms, back, shoulders, stomach, legs and bumm). So as we can see nutrition is your key success to the weight loss. If I was you I would start week by week to introduce/change of the habit in your life. For example, week 1: hydration (make sure that every day you drink enough water 1l=25kg of your weight), week 2: change of the breakfast (makes sure it has enough protein in it and not too much carbs), week 3:snacking options change. This way you might see smaller results but it will be more sustainable and consistent. When we work with people we introduce a flexible diet approach (without particularly cutting their favourite foods and stil get amazing results). Remember consistency is paramount. If you get on crazy diet, you will lose weight but you cannot be stricter all the time and by some point you will get off the track.

Training wise I would definitely recommend have a look into resistance training (burning more calories and getting you the shape you want) and maybe do 1-2 cardio a week.

If you need any help with anything to get you cracking please do let me know. Always ready to help my lovely brides to feel and look amazingSmiley smile

Good luck! xx

• F
    Beginner April 2014
    fitwed ·
    • Hide content

Hi Tams90!

How are you doing? How are you getting with your weigh loss? Any update? Do you need any advice or help with anythingSmiley smile

Let me know Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics