Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner September 2012

Opinion on horse and carriage

Hayley_Williams_2_B, 24 of October of 2011 at 21:25 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hiya, I've got to decide this weekend whether I want black horses pulling either a white or black carriage or white horses pulling either a white or black carriage for my wedding transport.

The lady said that black horses look stunning against a white dress which can get lost with white horses, but i've always associated black horses with funerals :/

what do you think?

4 replies

Latest activity by xSarahCx, 24 of October of 2011 at 21:44
  • 50's pin up bride
    Beginner July 2012
    50's pin up bride ·
    • Hide content

What is your colour scheme? That makes a big difference IMO, and will the horses be plaited up? Will they be decorated plaits (ie ribbons as well)?

Eg my colour scheme is red, black and white, so in your situation I'd probably go for black horses with a white carriage and red ribbons / flowers, OR if I thought a white dress would blend into a white carriage too much, I'd have a black carriage and white horses. I wouldn't have both black, and for me personally all white would be too much white.

White horses will show up any dirt, eg if it rains (I hope not!) and they go through any puddles, it WILL show - never underestimate how filthy a horse can get in a short space of time!

Let us know you colours and overall 'feel' for the wedding and we can help a bit more!

• panda2011
    Beginner September 2011
    panda2011 ·
    • Hide content

As a horsey person, black horses are funeral horses & white carriages should only be used if they are traditional in style - not katie price tacky! Black/dark carriages are more traditional as are white (grey) horses.

• 50's pin up bride
    Beginner July 2012
    50's pin up bride ·
    • Hide content

PS - white horses are used JUST as much a black horses for funerals. For funerals, both black and white horses wear black tack, are usually not plaited up, and wear black plumes.

• 50's pin up bride
    Beginner July 2012
    50's pin up bride ·
    • Hide content

Oops cross posted with Panda - I agree white is traditional for weddings, but both black and white are used in equal measure for weddings and funerals nowadays so unless you are going for a very traditional wedding, I wouldn't let that colour your judgement Smiley smile

• X
    Beginner
    xSarahCx ·
    • Hide content

Black carriage with white horses would look beautiful, are you wearing a white dress? Would look great if you are. x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics