Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Natalie
Beginner October 2026 North Yorkshire

Opinions on an Autumn/fall Colour Scheme 🍁

Natalie, 22 of March of 2023 at 14:09 Posted on Planning 0 5

Opinions on an Autumn/fall Colour Scheme 🍁 1
We're just deciding on our colour scheme. We've always wanted pink, dark green and gold but with our wedding being in October we would also love to incorporate some autumnal colours. I've made a mock up colourscheme. What are your opinions? Any advice? Our original three are something we definitely want to keep but open to changing the red and orange.

5 replies

Latest activity by Jo, 29 of March of 2023 at 11:30
  • S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay Β·
    • Hide content
    Hello Natalie. The only advice I would give you is I had chosen rust/orange and I decided to look up weddings with those colours in. I thought it would match our tipi summer vibe and I was totally wrong. I really didn’t like it and I’ve totally changed my mind. I know it’s more of a autumn vibe but a colour is a colour at the end of the day. Make sure the colour you choose also sits nice with your bridesmaids skin tone meaning make sure it doesn’t make them look washed out. I do love that colour palette though, just make sure it works. Maybe order samples of things. Hope this helps a little. Good luck.
  • Amie Seal Photography
    Leicestershire
    Amie Seal Photography Β·
    • Hide content

Hello Natalie,

I definitely think mixing it up to suit your wedding date could be a great idea; as long as it still shows off your own tastes and style choices. The date is only a number, you two are the main attractions, and I find the best weddings encapsulate the couple at the centre.

You don't want to look back on the photographs and see only a reflection of the season and not yourselves.

#ALWAYSDOYOU

I hope this helps!

Best,

A.

• J
    Beginner December 2026 Gwynedd
    Jade Β·
    • Hide content
    I did my daughters christening in autumnal colours with burgundy and burnt orange sashes on the chairs and honestly it was beautiful everybody commented on them, I got the fake leaves off eBay and spread them on the tables it looked so nice
  • S
    Rockstar April 2023 West London
    Sarah Β·
    • Hide content

While I like them, my immediate impression is that the dark red and dark green are competing for my attention. As you say the dark green is one of your original three that you want, I would look at toning down the red so the green can be the star.

I really like your original three colours together - I actually think they’re already quite autumnal.

• J
    Curious April 2023 Perthshire
    Jo Β·
    • Hide content
    I love it but I would say that because these are essentially the colours I'm going for! I am getting married next month but prefer autumnal colours and decided to just go for it! One way to make it work might be to have 2-3 as your main colours and the remaining as little pops so they balance nicely?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics