Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

August 24 Bride
Savvy August 2024 Kilkenny

Opinions on Wedding Insurance?? Is it needed or not??

August 24 Bride, 3 of August of 2022 at 10:55 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi everyone Smiley heart

So wedding planning is in full force for me with the venue, photographer and registrar all booked for my wedding in August 2024. My videographer is next on the list to book and pay a deposit too. However this got me thinking with all these deposits i have been paying what if anything was to happen and my thoughts led to WEDDING INSURANCE.

Reading other forums on here about wedding insurance it seems to be a big cost for some basic policies. I just wanted to gather everyone's thoughts on insurance, if its needed, and recommendations on where to go.

Another reason i'm looking into insurance is because the location of my wedding is not even in my home town/country its in Kilkenny, Ireland so you can just imagine the worry i have on-top of my original worry.

All comments welcome - thank you xx Smiley smile

1 replies

Latest activity by Abbie, 3 of August of 2022 at 11:44
  • Abbie
    Curious August 2023 Warwickshire
    Abbie ·
    • Hide content

We got our Wedding Insurance from CoverMyWedding for just under £200.
    We got engaged in Sept '21, and had booked our wedding date in Nov'21 for Aug '23. I saw it as a reasonable cost to incur given the long time in-between and the cost of weddings...If we'd have done it in a shorter timeframe (Less than 6-9 months maybe), or if we were having the wedding on a small enough scale/budget (less than £5k maybe), I probably wouldn't have bothered.
    But IMHO anything can happen in over a year meaning the wedding needs cancelling or re-arranging, and we decided we were willing to pay the less-than-£200 in the hopes that it was wasted money, than not pay it and be unlucky, out of pocket etc. I guess it was a safety thing for us.
    I hope that helps! Best of luck xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics