Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

icklesal
Beginner April 2015

Opposite heigh couples and pictures!

icklesal, 9 of July of 2014 at 10:42 Posted on Planning 0 20

So my latest wedding stress is my pictures. I know my photographer will do us justice but I'm still worrying. I'm 4ft 11" and h2b is 6'4" so there's quite a difference between us. Are our pictures going to look stupid?

ive got decent sized heels and plan to create some height with my hair. Can any brides/grooms reassure me the pictures will be ok? Are we going to look silly stood next to each other. We don't have many pics of us stood up together now as I'm so conscious of the height difference. If anyone has any pics they could share with me of similar height difference couples I'd really appreciate it.

or alternatively if I'm being stupid and just need telling to get a grip then please tell me

20 replies

Latest activity by icklesal, 9 of July of 2014 at 21:11
  • InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

I'm gonna be honest and say you're worrying about nothing (although 'get a grip' might be a bit strong). It will be blatantly obvious to anyone who knows you that you have a great height difference, and everyone at the wedding will be able to see it when you're standing at the altar, so why are you so worried about the photos? (Although don't forget, the bigger the hair, the closer to God, so I'd still do that.)

• M
    Beginner May 2015
    missgeebee ·
    • Hide content

Embrace it - make it something fun! Quick google threw these up!

• rachd03
    Beginner May 2014
    rachd03 ·
    • Hide content

I had the exact same worry before our day, Im 4' 11" and OH is 6' 1". I didnt have massive heels in the end as wanted to be comfortable. I love our pics and dont think we look odd at all so I would say you dont need to worry Smiley smile

Heres some of our pics to give you an idea:

and one of our first dance which I was also worried about:

If you are worried I would recommend having an engagement shoot to give ideas of positioning and what works for you both Smiley smile x

• Lightworks Photography
    Lightworks Photography ·
    • Hide content

Absolutely don't worry! Embrace the distance - I know what it feels like, I'm 6' 5" - you will look how you look together and I am sure that is fantastic. Your photographer will have a few tricks up his/her sleeve to minimise the effect as well.

Forget about it and have fun!

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Dont worry - just be you.

Heres one that comes to mind.

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

Really you shouldn't worry about it, your photographer will know what to do.?

Lovely bottom photo Bill.?

• yorkshirekiwi
    Beginner August 2014
    yorkshirekiwi ·
    • Hide content

I don't have any photos to share as we're not married yet, but I don't think you need to worry. All the pics shared so far look great and if it's something you feel really self conscious about let your tog know and im sure they'll have heps of creativevways to disguise the difference.

Theres always a difference between OH and me and there's nothing we can do to disguise it, he's 6ft4 and due to a foot injury has to wear orthopaedic shoes that make him closer to 6ft6, while I am 5ft 4 and cant wear heels due to a knee injury. I have never once thought about whether the difference stands out in photos.

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Cheers Bruce

Its a bit of a cliché but from past experience the shorter brides do tend to be a little bit more "bubbly" stronger and a fun character and the kind of person that you know is in the room. So I tend not to do anything different except there are some positions that do not work.
    I find the main issue is that the tall chaps tend to stoup down to everyone else in a photo which looks worse than if they were just tall and proud 2 feet above everyone else
  • DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content

Embrace it! I am taller than OH and it bugs me so much. I LOVE my heels but feel huge so I will wear flats on the day. I'd love to be dainty and tiny.

• icklesal
    Beginner April 2015
    icklesal ·
    • Hide content

Rachd03 your pics are fab and all of your comments have made me feel much better. Thank you everyone. I like the comment about shorter brides being bubbly and I already know I want some fun shots so maybe I'm bubbly but didn't know.

right, I'm going to embrace the difference and use it to get some fun different shots. Defo gonna have a engagement/pre wedding shoot, that's a really good idea.

cheers everyone, feeling much happier now.

• LittleSnowflake
    Beginner January 2016
    LittleSnowflake ·
    • Hide content

Don't stress your pictures will be fine :] I'm 4'7 and my OH is 6'1 and he's requested that we do a funny picture of me stood on yellow pages! :] haha!

• Mispinkprincess
    Beginner September 2014
    Mispinkprincess ·
    • Hide content

I'm another shortie here! Interesting how many of us have ended up with taller guys...

• rachd03
    Beginner May 2014
    rachd03 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Sal Smiley smile

I definitely recommend the engagement shoot, plus its an excuse to have more lovely pics of you and your OH Smiley winking

• icklesal
    Beginner April 2015
    icklesal ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a Bloomin brilliant idea! Really nice to know there are more couples with such a height difference, all the same height lying down though eh haha

right, I'm going to contact my photographer this weekend and arrange a date for a shoot.

• Daydreaming Bride
    Beginner June 2015
    Daydreaming Bride ·
    • Hide content

Ha, my guy is 6'7''... I'm not small (5'7'') but I expect I'll have neck ache by end of photos! I'm looking forward to seeing the height difference in the photos, it's part of us as a couple!!

• icklesal
    Beginner April 2015
    icklesal ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

A work colleague said this to me when I talked about getting HUGE heels, she said why change what you are just for some pictures.

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

I'm 5' 1 1/2" and H is 6'3"

• SunnyOrangeFlowers21
    Beginner August 2014
    SunnyOrangeFlowers21 ·
    • Hide content

Trump ?

Seriously, you'll be fine. Have some fun 'lifting up' photos and ones where he is sitting, you are standing. And one of all the men holding you while you lie on their arms, a la Marilyn!

• icklesal
    Beginner April 2015
    icklesal ·
    • Hide content

Ooooh good ideas! Thanks. Love the use of the word trump haha. Just seen your pics, they are fab.

• icklesal
    Beginner April 2015
    icklesal ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

These pics are fab too. I'm feeling so much better about this now.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics