Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Beginner June 2015

Orange colour scheme & bridesmaid dresses

princesshd2015, 26 of November of 2014 at 13:08 Posted on Planning 0 15

I am getting married in the summer and wanted a bright colour scheme so picked orange. Is anyone else having this colour? if so please flash our bm dresses or decorations?

thanks xx

15 replies

Latest activity by Bruce Neville Photography, 10 of December of 2014 at 01:49
  • cymruangel
    Beginner December 2014
    cymruangel ·
    • Hide content

I'm not myself but Pinterest would be a good place to start, something like this: https://www.pinterest.com/TheMarriedApp/orange-wedding-theme/

And Hitched has colour themed pages like this one: https://www.hitched.co.uk/orange-wedding-pictures/

Orange is typically quite common in autumn weddings, so you might want to try searching autumn or fall weddings on Goggle/ Pinterest/ wedding mags etc.

Good luck with it - I think orange is a fabulous colour for a wedding, but it wouldn't have worked on 2 of my BMs so had to rule it out!

• MartinC Photography
    MartinC Photography ·
    • Hide content

I've photographed a wedding earlier this year that was an orange theme. When they first told me I admit I wasn't too sure about their choice but I have to admit it looked very good.

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

Is it your intention to have your bridesmaids in Orange too? I'm sure you have thought about it but orange is a difficult colour for a lot of people to wear, will it definitely suit them?

(I'm talking a red head as orange is a definite no no for me!)

• P
    Beginner June 2015
    princesshd2015 ·
    • Hide content

The bridesmaids are my main concern, I have 3 blondes and 3 brunettes. Here's the dress I picked, i didn't want a dark orange...what do you think?

• P
    Beginner June 2015
    princesshd2015 ·
    • Hide content

• halloweeny
    Beginner October 2013
    halloweeny ·
    • Hide content

I really like the idea of orange and have seen some fantastic pics of this recently. It's a bit hard to envisage as the overal combination of orange shade makes all the difference.

It might be my dodgy screen but the look coral. I think they might be quite difficult to match with other orange stuff unless you're plabnibg to have everything in that tone.

• kat71oct31
    Beginner October 2014
    kat71oct31 ·
    • Hide content

My colour scheme was orange as I got married on Halloween. My bridesmaids wore an orangey coral but my florist was brilliant and tied in all the colours

we toned it down with lots of ivory

hope the pics give you an idea xx

• P
    Beginner June 2015
    princesshd2015 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone

i do love the orange colour but i think its probably more of an autumn colour than summer so I might have to rethink! gorgeous pics though!

• Nessa_EssexBride
    Beginner November 2015
    Nessa_EssexBride ·
    • Hide content

I always wanted to do a bright colour. To really infuse my Caribbean heritage.

We had a summer wedding planned for next year and we choose orange and even when we had to change the date again to a autumn wedding we still stuck with the orange (more a burnt orange in my case).

Don't dismiss it quickly.

So far I have 4 bridesmaids all different skin colour and hair and the dress fits them so well and their in love with the dress.

Here's my bridesmaid dress below.

• halloweeny
    Beginner October 2013
    halloweeny ·
    • Hide content

Those are lovely Nessa!

OP - hope you find a fantastic colour to go for or get re-inspired by the orange theme.

• Future MrsMach
    Beginner August 2015
    Future MrsMach ·
    • Hide content

Orange is my favourite colour so I've also chosen if as my colour scheme and want to get orange bridesmaids dresses. But the men are wearing navy so it will look good together. Can I just ask where you got your orange bridesmaid dresses from?

• E
    Beginner June 2015
    excited bride2015 ·
    • Hide content

We are having orange and teal as the they are out favourite colours and I love them together.

I will be putting the bridesmaids in teal with orange flowers, my bouquet will have elements of both.

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

I think orange suits autumn when it's just orange and browns etc but for summer it can look very summery with bright green or yellows etc you could have the bridesmaids in orange with bright bouquets of yellow, pink and orange? Or even in white summer dresses with orange sashes round the waist?

• H
    Beginner October 2015
    HappyOrangeConfetti226 ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married in October with a pale Orange theme, having lots of cream colours too to make sure it's not too bright and overwhelming! I think bridesmaid dresses could be the tricky part though.

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

I just photographed another wedding this Saturday where the bridesmaids had Orange, it looks stunning in photos, I would post them but I am in the middle of editing them.?

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

Will see if I can find some more past photos but I think its always best to show a photo. See how Orange just stands out and looks lovely.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics