Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner

Order of entry/procession for bridal party??

rachb3, 25 September, 2011 at 20:35 Posted on Planning 0 17

Hi, just wondered what order you all have planned for your bridal party to walk down the aisle in? I have a flower girl, four adult bridesmaids and another little bridesmaid (that may need to be carried!) as well as a paige boy/ring bearer (that is likely to launch his ring cushion into the crowd!) and of course my dad and I. I don't know whether to go with the traditional order or not....? x

17 replies

Latest activity by kfair, 19 October, 2011 at 07:13
  • frecs
    Beginner October 2011
    frecs ·
    • Hide content

We are having 3 adult bridesmaids and ushers walk down, then a 3 year old flower girl, then my dad and I.

This has been the source of lots of conversations in our families, but as I keep saying it's happening as thats what we want!

• niknaks22
    Beginner August 2012
    niknaks22 ·
    • Hide content

We are having 4 bridesmaids and a flower girl, I think we are going to have the bridesmaids go first with my sister (cbm) holding my flower girls hand as she will probably be just walking (if at all), followed by my dad and I.

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

It's up to you and what you want, really. More people seem to be going for bridesmaids first, but for me that just didn't feel right. So I went first with my Dad, and they followed single file (3 of them, all adults).

One thing I would say is that I would check how wide your aisle is if they'll be walking down in pairs. Ours was quite narrow, which was fine for Dad and me as we were linking arms, but people generally like a little more space if they're not linking arms, and that wouldn't have been possible at our venue.

• Figs
    Beginner June 2012
    Figs ·
    • Hide content

I'm having a 5yr old page boy and a 10yr old bridesmaid. The page boy won't want to walk down the ailse, I have already made my peace with this. He'll look cute in the photos! And the bridesmaid will be walking down with me and my dad. She's my god-daughter and won't want to walk on her own. It's your wedding, do things the way you want ?

• frecs
    Beginner October 2011
    frecs ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thats a good point, I'll phone tomorrow and ask them to leave enough space when laying out the chairs!

Thanks

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

Are you having a civil ceremony or church? Some churches insist the bride goes first, but you can choose with a civil ceremony. I'm having my BMs go first because otherwise they'd be left standing in the door way because the 'aisle' is very short at my venue.

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

We are having, 2 little flower girls (age 4 & 7) then two bigger ones (age 8 & 11), then my 2 adult bridesmaids then Moi, , , , ,

• T
    Beginner October 2012
    TracieGtobe ·
    • Hide content

I *think* our order will be as follows

Flowergirl 1 and 2

Flowergirl 3 and 4

CBM and Page Boy

2 X adult bridesmaids

Me and my little boy (he is giving me away)

Altho I am tempted to have the adult bridesmaids to go first so that the children have someone to "go to" when then get to the end?

• R
    Beginner
    rachb3 ·
    • Hide content

I've just really enjoyed ready your report Enterflora! x

• R
    Beginner
    rachb3 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks to you all for your ideas. (Sorry for the uber late response!) Still deciding which order to go down the aisle in! I'd like my BM's to go first but my mum and OH think I should go in first....will have to decide soon! x

• Michelle772012
    Beginner July 2012
    Michelle772012 ·
    • Hide content

We are sending the 4 flower girls plus their paired page boys down first bribed with sweets to try to keep some order them my adult bm and my son who is ring bearer then me and daddy dearest otherwise the lot would be stuck behind my mahoosive train lol x

• NorthumberlandBride
    NorthumberlandBride ·
    • Hide content

I would sent flower girls then pageboys, (maybe with a BM for supervision if they need it) then the bide and father(or whoever is walking) and then the Bm.

• K
    Beginner June 2012
    kfair ·
    • Hide content

Im sending my flowergirl and ring bearer together (my daughter and son 2+4) first, then my bridesmaid (my sister) then me. ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics