Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

V
Beginner September 2015

order of service for non religious ceremony

VintageGal, 24 of August of 2015 at 09:51 Posted on Planning 0 5

Are you having one? What goes on it? Is it a good idea?

5 replies

Latest activity by Pooba, 24 of August of 2015 at 16:53
  • MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

We aren't having an order of service as such, but I'm including timings in the invitations.

• CornishBride89
    Beginner October 2015
    CornishBride89 ·
    • Hide content

I think we'll be making something with the timings on for the ushers to give out on the day.

I would say it is definitely a good idea. Especially if there is a gap between the meal and the evening!

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

The civil wedding I went to on saturday had an order of the day, which is slightly different. An order of service would state hymns, readings etc so I dunno what the civil equivalent would be. An order of the day has timings for ceremony, meal, disco, cake cutting etc so guests know what time to expect things to happen.

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

We're having a civil ceremony and aren't bothering with anything, apart from maybe to have a big version of the below on an easel. I like it, it's fun and to the point.

Our ceremony and reception is all in the same venue, and people generally know what to expect: ceremony, reception drinks, dinner, party. If we were doing something different to the 'norm' then maybe we would do a proper one.

• S
    Beginner May 2015
    sarahm66 ·
    • Hide content

I put the timings on my wedding website so people knew in advance what was happening/when etc. You don't need an 'order of service' for a civil ceremony - it's an unnecessary expense in my opinion.

• P
    Beginner April 2016
    Pooba ·
    • Hide content

Karen84 - I love, love, LOVE your idea of an 'order of ceremony' ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics